Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is really doing my head in now.

car is the 2015 308 SW 2.0 HDI GT Auto EAT6 - done 75k miles

on idle after the car has warmed up sat at the lights when ECO does not work the idle is lumpy the needle can sometimes bounce around a little and the hole car shakes.

if you put it into N it makes no difference or equally Park, but if you give it a few revs its smooth

driving is fine, no other faults.

Sometimes it idles fine when warm and when it does idle fine ECO works, when it idles like a bag of potatoes in a washing machine ECO does not work

before i drive this car into the sea and claim on the insurance does anyone know what it can be?

obviously every time i take it to the dealer it just so happens to be working fine and its a wasted trip. any thoughts?

·
Registered
240 Posts
this is really doing my head in now.

car is the 2015 308 SW 2.0 HDI GT Auto EAT6 - done 75k miles

on idle after the car has warmed up sat at the lights when ECO does not work the idle is lumpy the needle can sometimes bounce around a little and the hole car shakes.

if you put it into N it makes no difference or equally Park, but if you give it a few revs its smooth

driving is fine, no other faults.

Sometimes it idles fine when warm and when it does idle fine ECO works, when it idles like a bag of potatoes in a washing machine ECO does not work

before i drive this car into the sea and claim on the insurance does anyone know what it can be?

obviously every time i take it to the dealer it just so happens to be working fine and its a wasted trip. any thoughts?
From my personal experience, the engine tone and feel at idle varies all the time with this engine although I havent noticed the needle bouncing. Unless its fully up2 temperature after a decent journey it can be quite rough at times. Again, only from my experience, I find that regular use of super diesel and adding in the Millers EcoMax at every fill up (15ml doses as recommended so a bottle lasts a good while) vastly improves the idle and general driveability of the car. I compare that to the odd few weeks ive used standard diesel with no additive and as such I wouldnt go back.

In addition to that, I found their to be a few flat spots in the acceleration when I first bought the car second hand but after a few weeks of better fuel with the additive, I find it to be very sharp now. Id give it a try.

I know some would say what I do is overkill but it works for me and the car thanks me for it. In addition, I cant remember the last time it needed any sort of dpf regen and I dont do that many long journeys.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From my personal experience, the engine tone and feel at idle varies all the time with this engine although I havent noticed the needle bouncing. Unless its fully up2 temperature after a decent journey it can be quite rough at times. Again, only from my experience, I find that regular use of super diesel and adding in the Millers EcoMax at every fill up (15ml doses as recommended so a bottle lasts a good while) vastly improves the idle and general driveability of the car. I compare that to the odd few weeks ive used standard diesel with no additive and as such I wouldnt go back.

In addition to that, I found their to be a few flat spots in the acceleration when I first bought the car second hand but after a few weeks of better fuel with the additive, I find it to be very sharp now. Id give it a try.

I know some would say what I do is overkill but it works for me and the car thanks me for it. In addition, I cant remember the last time it needed any sort of dpf regen and I dont do that many long journeys.
definitely not normal and runs like a bag of potatoes in a washing machine, it rocks the car on its suspension unless you add a little throttle.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I do think putting super diesel and an additive in for a while could help. Potential causes are clogged fuel filter, dirty EGR valve, DPF with too much back pressure etc. which could all be helped with my advice (minus putting a new fuel filter on).

Could also be a dirty oxygen sensor somewhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts