Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I originally posted this in the 307 section..

"i have a 2006 307sw 1.6 petrol that runs a bit lumpy at idle, nothing major like it's going to stall but you do get a noticeable shudder every now and then. question is, is this normal? not having owned one before I don't know how they normally run, it's fine on pick up and blasts along happily with no drops in power it's just this idle thing that's bugging me."

I was advised to reset the BSI so I followed bettyswollocks instructions in the sticky in this section but I didn't get a "bong" when I turned on the headlights, what am i doing wrong guys?

btw., when I picked up the car it had been allowed to run dry and the anti-pollution warning came on for a couple of miles, any chance this may have effected the mixture settings??

ttfn

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alloydog said:
We get this as well on our 2002 1.6l 307SW. Every 30 seconds or so, you feel/hear a slight break to the engine rythm. Haven't found a cure yet.
Maybe it's just how they run??

Strange thing is it doesn't always do it, weird :confused:

G

·
Does the 1.6 petrol have an EGR like the EW petrol engines? Perhaps Swollcks will know? Anti pollution warning, lumpiness, sounds a bit familiar to us EW owners when our EGRs go south...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the pollution warning might be a red herring, that only came on because the muppets i bought from ran it out of petrol, i'm no expert but i guess that will effect the fuel/air mixture and make the car think it's running rich/lean?

I'm thinking maybe the injectors need a clean, i don't suppose dredging the bottom of the tank when empty helps.

Doe's anyone have an idea why i didn't get the beep during the ECU reset? how long do you need to leave the battery off for and do you need the igniton on when you turn on the sidelights?

cheers all

G

·
Nah, not only is there a fewl filter, but the pickup doesn't go to the very bottom of the tank deliberately to protect it from sucking the silt.

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
monkeyboy said:
Doe's anyone have an idea why i didn't get the beep during the ECU reset? how long do you need to leave the battery off for and do you need the igniton on when you turn on the sidelights?

cheers all
Just reset mine again , guess what no beep :confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts