Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last 2 mornings my 407 hdi 2.0sw has started to have a problem when starting on the key first time in a morning.when turned over the idle is very lumpy,and when i tried to rev it a bit it was unresponsive.turned the car off and started again and perfect no problem at all.this has never happened to me all through the bad winter,and with other little issues im having with this car now,is concerning me.(faulty reverse sensors,esp warning light,bottom ball joint,bulbs blowing,wipers having a mind of there own.Starting to think i should of listened to the rumors about peugeot,and should of stuck with my bullet proof Audi`s.Has anyone had the same problem has mentioned above??,any ideas would be much appreciated.

·
11,961 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Its Not As Bad As It Seems

Not Good

Sounds like you have a lot of little problems that are all adding together to make what seems to be 1 big problem for you

I think your lumpy idle may be down to either a dodgy glow plug or partially blocked fuel filter when was she last serviced?

PEUGEOT 407 2.0 HDI DIESEL SERVICE KIT OIL AIR FUEL FILTER | eBay

ESP Warning Light - Could be an ABS Sensor or your brake light switch are any other warnings coming up? I had an ESP / ASR & Speed Control failure when my brake light switch broke £7.00 from ebay 2 minutes to fit.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brake-Light-Switch-for-Peugeot-407-04-10-/280965671231?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model:407&hash=item416adbe93f

Bottom Ball Joints - Common problem with the 407 I have replaced both of mine on the front with a set off ebay for £20.00 for the pair they have been on since August and still going strong ( oops was that this kiss of death )

PEUGEOT 407 FRONT BOTTOM LOWER SUSPENSION BALL JOINT x2 | eBay

Bulbs blowing - Is that after you have replaced them or are they all just going one after the other don't forget they where possibly all fitted to the car at the same time in the factory and no one gives a guarantee with bulbs as they can blow almost instantly. But it could be a dodgy wire somewhere

Wipers with a mind of their own - is this that they turn off and on when they want or is it the Automatic function on them as I have the same function and I have to admit they can be annoying especially if your wipers are slightly worn as they seem to have an eppy fit when a little rain gets on the screen I bought new wiper blades and they are a bit better now

PEUGEOT 407 FRONT WINDSCREEN AEROTWIN WIPER BLADES-EXACT FIT-PERFECT QUALITY | eBay

Also I would advise maybe giving Gibbo a shout to do a full diagnostics check on your car aswell just to make sure that everything else is ok! I hear he like bacon buttys as well :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts