Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all

I have a 2011 5008 1.6 HDi with 50,000 miles.

Problem is I have vibration at idle and low RPM. It's the same in gear or neutral. Over 2000 RPM the vibration disappears.

It's gradually getting worse. Power feels OK, fuel consumption seems about right. It's running on all 4 cylinders. No smoke.

I'm not a Diesel expert but I'm suspecting a faulty injector.

1. Any suggestions what to check?

2. Can anyone recommend a diagnostics cable and software that I can purchase that can help identify which injector is at fault?

Thanks, Dave.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DMF? Dual Mass Flywheel?

Is there an easy way to prove it's the flywheel or not?

There's no unusual noises.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DMF? Dual Mass Flywheel?

Is there an easy way to prove it's the flywheel or not?

There's no unusual noises. I thought Dual Mass Flywheels make horrible noises when they fail?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone recommend a diagnostic kit?

If the vibrations were caused by the Dual Mass Flywheel, would you expect it to be consistent?

I've noticed that sometimes it's worse and sometimes better, although completely random.

The engine idles at just over 800rpm, the vibration can be felt. At 1000rpm it's really bad then gradually disappears as the rpm rises. Can't really feel it over 2000 rpm.

I'm wondering if it could be a faulty injector or air leak on the intake manifold?

Is there a diagnostic cable and software available that would show me how the injectors are operating? I'm hoping it might show up one injector performing differently to the other three.

I'm in France at the moment and visited a Peugeot dealer this morning. I asked to speak to a mechanic but they refused and just quoted me 90 euros to connect their diagnostic kit and give me a report. :(

Can anyone recommend a diagnostic kit I could use myself?

Thanks, Dave.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was checking over the car this evening.

Sat in the garage with the engine idling I could hear a knocking when I depressed the clutch pedal, it wasn't a rattle definitely a knock.

I've also noticed clutch judder when pulling away from junctions in 1st gear.

So I've gone ahead and ordered a full clutch kit and DMF.

I hope that will fix the problem!

Cheers, Dave.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does anyone know where I can download a Workshop Manual for my 2011 5008?

Or at least get a list of the torque settings I'll need when replacing the flywheel/clutch?

Thanks, Dave.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I got the software, installed it on my Windows 10 laptop.

Luckily I had an old Windows XP laptop to run the Key Generator on, which made it easier.

Had to dig around the net to find the Date Extending 'infos' file, rather than using the Date Validator (which I couldn't get to work).

So after a bit of fiddling, head scratching and swearing it's now working! Runs perfectly in Windows 10.

Cheers, Dave.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update...

I replaced the Dual Mass Flywheel, clutch and release slave cylinder today.

It looks like it was flywheel failure that was causing the vibrations at idle. It's absolutely knackered. :(

Just rebuilding it now and looking forward to driving it again! :thumb:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, it was the dual mass flywheel causing the vibrations.

It drives smooth as silk now.

Cost 350 euros for the flywheel, clutch and release slave cylinder.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts