Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Peugeot 206 1.6 cabriolet 03 plate

Good evening everyone! A lady came to me today saying her car was running rough and stank of egg. First thought was a knackered cat. So I went to her house and started the car, sure enough the engine was running rough and was shaking. On the dash was displayed " Anti pollution fault " and " catalytic converter".
I couldn't even drive the car to my garage I had to tow it as it was cutting out as soon as you lift the clutch.
So I replaced the cat and cleaned up the lambda sensors with a wire brush. Fault still apparent. It sounds like a missfire, so I replaced plugs as they were a bit manky.Still thesame.
Plugged in the computer and came up with P1336. What does it mean
What next??
Cheers Simon :(

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Crank/Cam sensor range/performance
S2000PM1/2 - High misfire on several cylinders
ME7.4.5. Combustion misfiring on unspecified cylinders.

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
Crank/Cam sensor range/performance
S2000PM1/2 - High misfire on several cylinders
ME7.4.5. Combustion misfiring on unspecified cylinders.

http://www.pikit.co.uk/peugeotmt/psa eobd p codes.html

might have a problem with timing belt or coil pack... i had the same faults show up when the timing belt pully was on too tight, cost the garage that fitted it £200 out of the techs wages. other people thought it was sparks, exhaust manifold, coil pack but like i say it was the timing belt...could just check that over incase mate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many thanks everyone!!. I did check timing and belt as it did sound like a tooth out. Everything was in time. So would I be right in thinking to change coil pack? It wouldn't be crank sensor?

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
simonsp said:
Many thanks everyone!!. I did check timing and belt as it did sound like a tooth out. Everything was in time. So would I be right in thinking to change coil pack? It wouldn't be crank sensor?
I actually had a problem with the wires leading to the crank sensor but it cut out a few times then wouldn`t start so rewired the sensor , dunno if that gives you any more ideas.:confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Peugeot 206 1.6 cabriolet 03 plate

Good evening everyone! A lady came to me today saying her car was running rough and stank of egg. First thought was a knackered cat. So I went to her house and started the car, sure enough the engine was running rough and was shaking. On the dash was displayed " Anti pollution fault " and " catalytic converter".
I couldn't even drive the car to my garage I had to tow it as it was cutting out as soon as you lift the clutch.
So I replaced the cat and cleaned up the lambda sensors with a wire brush. Fault still apparent. It sounds like a missfire, so I replaced plugs as they were a bit manky.Still thesame.
Plugged in the computer and came up with P1336. What does it mean
What next??
Cheers Simon :(

I have a Peugeot 307 and I had the same problem! I check first the spark plugs, but the where good! I test then the high voltage coil and it make fire all the plugs and I thought the coil is ok but it wasn’t! The problem with these coils is that even if they make all 4 spark plugs to fire it can be damage to do that they fire all plugs simultaneously! It gives you the filing that your motor runs on 2 cylinders! I change the coil and everything is ok! I thing this coils have a live of 150.000km but I am not sure! :thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
206 1.4 with p1336

i just read this post about the p1336 fault, i have a 206 1.4 16v 2006 model, that comes up with the same fault. however i have check the sensors and the are fine, i changed the coil pack, injectors, spak plugs, redid software and still no luck!:( the car starts up fine, and revs to 7000rpm no problem but stalls under load. :confused:the diagnostic shows P1336: misfire on undertermined cyclinders.:confused:

please could anyone help??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.