Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
We’ve just purchased a 5008 (68 plate) and I can’t figure out how to get the retractable parcel shelf to reach the second row of seats (ie third row of seats are down). The 2nd row of seats are all the way back, yet the ‘flap’ that is attached to the parcel shelf bar doesn’t reach the seats and drops down ..

can someone please let me know whether I’m missing something completely obvious??? Or is it just an oversight by Peugeot?

thanks

mike

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
In my car it reaches the second row without problems.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The flap on mine drops down slightly even with the middle row fully back. It’s not a huge gap but it’s there

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Check that the seats are fully reclined towards the back, then it should work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, seats are all the way back and the ‘flap’ is effectively balancing on the rear middle seat by the finest of margins... I’ve attached a photo.. is this what you are expecting??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
... any slight pressure on the ‘flap’ will result in it falling down.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Thanks, seats are all the way back and the ‘flap’ is effectively balancing on the rear middle seat by the finest of margins... I’ve attached a photo.. is this what you are expecting??
Hmm... that does not look good. There is more of the "flappy part" resting on the seats in my car. I never have the problem that it falls down.

But when I look at it now, the "flap" is completely flat all the way in your car. In my car it is slightly "oval" looking. So the middle point is really resing on the seats properly. That seems to be a different part from what I have, the probably changed something in the production and never really tested it properly, the French way of doing things.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The design consideration for the flap would appear to have been to enable it to meet the back of the 2nd row seats when they are:
1. Slid to their rear most position
2. Reclined rearmost

Anything else and there is a gap. Maybe a little short sighted on Pug's part.

These photos show it with the seats as per above and if other.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks - those pictures really helped, Ive just figured out that I needed to recline the seats further. Not ideal though as baby car seat didn’t fit properly - I’ll just have to accept the gap!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts