Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new to this forum.
Have had a quick look around but can't find much info about lowering and suspension. I want to lower my 307 1.6 GLX 02 reg. I currently have 17 inch set of cheapy wolfrace alloys with 40mil profile tyres and I am sure a small family could move into each of my arches. Have had a price from one of my mates that works for halfords for (spax) 40 mil drop and (supersport?) 50 mil drop not much difference in price both in region of about £130.
Views and advice much appreciated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
did u get ur car lowered m8 ? looking to have mine lowered only 35mm but am a bit clueless at the moment i got a 1.6s 3 door when buying springs is it a set of 4 as i was looking earlier and it said front only or something.

Ive been looking at some koni springs & some apex

·
Registered
12 Posts
Can anny1 help when it comes to lowering ? When i purchase springs is it a set of 4 or just the front springs as i was looking at spring on a website and it said front 2 only.

Looking for about a 30-35 mm drop and have been looking at apex & koni springs

G

·
I wouldn't muck about with cheap spring only kits from the likes of Pi etc. You'll end up ruining the ride big-O-time. Save your pennies and get a proper matched spring and shock set from the likes of someone repuatable.

·
Registered
12 Posts
any ideas m8 ? ive got the money at the moment, dont wana drop it to far tho 30 - 40 max, My last car was a 08 plate astra was in an accident although when i lowered that i just put vxr springs on n it was only a 15mm drop so was just a case of replacing the 4 springs just made them harder with less bodyroll.

Anyway as i said ive got the money, what make would you recommend i go for.

And what prices would i be looking at ?

Thanks

Dave

G

·
I've never looked specificlly for a 307 as I've never owned one, but the likes of Koni & Spax are a good place to start for spring and shock kits. Pug shocks are mainly shim stack rather than orifice (look it up, it's boring) and are desgnied to function over a certain stroke, and lowering it compromises this. Just fitting lower/hard springs my reduce body roll, but it also cocks up the damping meaning the wheels aren't being kept in proper contact with the road, so you end up more likely to bin it and potentially increase your stopping distances over crummy surfaces. It is a major safety consideration.

As aforementioned, I'd avoid Pi, Apex etc.

I'm guessing around the £300 mark-ish.

Once fitted you then need to shell out for a proper 3D 4 wheel geometry check (not just cheapo 'tracking' or FWA) to reset the suspension to suit or you'll knacker your tyres and further degrade the chassis behaviour.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts