Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i've just purchased a 02 307 2l hdi sw. When driving there is a loud knocking coming from unner the car when hitting bumps in the road. On the mot sheet there is an advisory for lower suspension bushes being worn and when i put my fingers in on the rearmost bush it feels knackered.
My question is what are the wishbones like to replace and is there anything i need to look out for when doing them?

·
Registered
822 Posts
not too bad to do.
jack up and put on a axle stand.
remove wheel.
use spring compressors to shorten the strut.
put a ratchet strap round strut and a suitable place to stop strut kicking out towards you.
undo bottom joint on hub then the 2 lower arm bolts.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Is this the LH or RH wishbone? The RH one is easier because there is no risk of pulling the driveshaft out of the gearbox. In addition to the above, I also undid the big nut on the end of the driveshaft, which allowed the strut to move out a bit more, made it easier to remove the wishbone. You will need a big lever to push the wishbone down off the swivel pin taper.
Did both mine a month ago, one was almost welded on to that taper, ended up grinding the wishbone off.

·
Registered
822 Posts
The use of the ratchet strap is to stop the drive shafts coming out.
If you undo the hub bearing nut it will need torqueing to 300 + nm.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I had loads of trouble changing the N/S wishbone on my 2003 2.0 HDI 90, struggled to get the front wishbone bolt out past the driveshaft. Ended up having to jack the engine up and drop the subframe to give me enough clearance to get the bolt out.

Then had to contend with a knackered captive nut when putting the subframe back.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Hi
On the passenger side, one of the wishbone bolts can't come out all the way unless you remove the driveshaft, or it may come out pushing against the driveshaft gaiter but won't go back in, so it's easier to remove the driveshaft and if you do it quickly you won't lose too much oil from the gearbox

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tools required

What tools do you need to replace a 2002 peugeot 307 wishbone bush (engine end, not road wheel)?

The Haynes manual mentions a torx bit but doesn't say what size.

·
Registered
67 Posts
hi,
just had my wishbones sorted recently and had the powerflex bushes fitted into them instead of the rubber ones, the car handles and feels a lot better , if you can afford them would recommend they be fitted instead of rubber ones

1 - 10 of 10 Posts