Peugeot Forums banner

Low saps oil is it essential,

9K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  fhmboy 
#1 ·
Hi all been a while, going to service the beast next weekend and I've noticed there's two promos on at ECP this week 25% off service parts which makes oil, fuel, air and cabin filters about 25 quid there is also 30% off castrol oil, which brings 5w/30 fully synth down to 24 quid the crux being that its not low ash/saps.

I've a 06 2.0 Hdi SW 136 with 138k on the clock, is the low ash imperative or would the fully synth castrol do the job??

Any advice taken.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#5 ·
X2 on the low SAPS oil!!! You don't want that DPF bunged up!!

But, it may be worth considering Asda oil. Now don't laugh yet!!!

Depends on what grade the hand book spec tells you but Asda do 5w-30 fully synth, ACEA C3, low SAPS. It's the correct spec for my car. And it's £20 for 5ltr. It's brewed by Comma oil and re-distributed under Asda name.

Best to research first and make sure. I'm not sure what the detergent level is yet.

#8 ·
#14 ·
I have a 2.0 110 with DPF and have never used low SAPS oil in mine (the original handbook also does not list it as a requirement). The car now has 184K on the clock and never had a problem with the DPF other than needing fluid fill and jet wash of filter at about 85K. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.