Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning folks,

My '05 1.6 HDi 110 (FAP) is due a service and I want to make sure the tech puts the best oil for the enginer/exhaust system. I know that low SAP oils are required to avoid problems with FAP/EGR fitted cars but how to I go about choosing the product?

many thanks in advance.

DK

J

·
0 Posts
Peugeots with the DPF are recommended to have a 5W30 fully synthetic suitable for DPF (low ash content and the like). Mobil 1 ESP 5W30, or Total INEO ECS 5W30

·
11,731 Posts
I just put in 5w/40 fully syn :thumb:

The make depends how much money i can afford but usually around £25.
I was in Sheffield last week and going to do an oil change. I normally pay around £24 for Carlube stuff from the local motor factor.

Prices at a Sheffield motor spares were £31! Went to Halfords to find their cheapest was £40. Finally went to another spares chain and it was £54! :eek:

D

·
0 Posts
Morning folks,

My '05 1.6 HDi 110 (FAP) is due a service and I want to make sure the tech puts the best oil for the enginer/exhaust system. I know that low SAP oils are required to avoid problems with FAP/EGR fitted cars but how to I go about choosing the product?

many thanks in advance.

DK
There is only one type of oil as far as i'm concerned. Let there be no grey areas.

TotalElf UK

1 - 10 of 10 Posts