Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there.

I noticed some problem with my 207 1.4 16v. I checked oil level and it's okay, and I never get this message when I am driving my car in town.

Last week I was driving on a highway for about 2 hours at 130 km/h (around 4000 rpm) and everything was fine until I entered city. When engine was idling (around 750 rpm), I got 'oil pressure too low' message accompanied by an audio signal, 'stop' signal on dashboard and engine oil light on dashboard. I then raised my revs up to 1200 rpm or more and that problem dissapeared and then shown up again when revs fell down at 750 rpm. After some driving in the city I never got that message anymore.

Couple of days later I went on a highway again and everything was fine, but when I slowed down for the first time I received the same message again when engine was idling. After some driving in the city that problem dissapeared again.

So, I am having low oil pressure problem only when engine is idling after a longer highway drive. Anyone knows what's the issue?

Thanks.

·
Registered
186 Posts
If your oil level is correct then I would suggest getting your oil pump checked as it sounds like its on its way out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts