Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FIXED - Low Oil Pressure/ Anti Pollution Faulty

Hey all,

I have a Peugeot 307 1.6HDI 78,000 Miles MOT & Service last Saturday 14th, Sunday 22nd I was on the motorway when it all of a sudden felt sluggish, then I lost all power, as I was pulling on to hard shoulder i had a warning message on HUD saying 'Oil Pressure Too Low', I turned off the engine, left it a few minutes, restarted and the EML was on with ' Anti Pollution Fault'.

It went for about a mile, but as soon as i hit around 50/ 60mph it lost all power and came up with 'Oil Pressure Too Low'.

The RAC mechanic plugged in and it was showing 'P1113 Fuel Pressure; Below Limit Value, and P0193 Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit High Input'.

I have taken it back to the garage who did the service and they changed the Oil Filter, but it still hasnt resolved the issue. I did put £40 of (Sainsbury's) diesel in before the motorway trip.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi there

Regarding the low oil pressure warning, have you checked the level? Sounds daft and I don't mean to offend!!! But this warning can also happen if the oil has been over filled. Too much oil being churned by top cams gives a dodgy reading with sensor. And over filled is bad! Can't explain but google it. I had it on mine when I first bought it. Last bloke had over filled a bit. If it looks over filled, just empty out and monitor.

Pollution fault may need a code reading though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion, I checked the oil, it's at the maximum level on the dipstick so I think that's ok, I'm getting the diagnostics done on Wednesday/ Thursday.
It seems to only happen after the car has been running a bit, once warm it will stutter then as you drop the revs it won't let you take it any higher and if you let it idle it cuts out!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still waiting on the dignostics, but I spoke to the Peugeot dealer, and gave hime the codes that the RAC gave me and he has mentioned it may be the Common Rail Fuel Sensor, only problem is the whole Common Rail needs to be replaced, anybody had this done before?

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took it in to a friends garage, who has fixed the issue. He said it that I had a 'high resistance on the wiring loom', he has put it down to a faulty/ loose wire. He rewired the faulty wire and this issue is now resolved.

·
11,711 Posts
Good stuff, it just reinforces what I've said about breakdown companies saying its a major part at fault.

The diagnostics also shows you need a new brake switch.

I'd not noticed this thread before though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I took it in to a friends garage, who has fixed the issue. He said it that I had a 'high resistance on the wiring loom', he has put it down to a faulty/ loose wire. He rewired the faulty wire and this issue is now resolved.
Hello Lowey,

I know it has been a while since you wrote this, but - do you by any chance know or remember where is the wire your friend reinforced in order to resolve the "low pressure/ anti pollution" issue?

·
Registered
14,253 Posts
It could be ANY wire in the loom chances of it being the same wire in the same place on a different car are tiny and the same symptoms dont always mean the same fault.

·
Registered
14,253 Posts
Yes indeed so what you must do is check the wiring starting near the affected sensor including the connector itself then work along the loom looking for tell tale swollen insulation or green dust from the rotted copper

1 - 11 of 11 Posts