Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i had low oil pressure pop up a few times about a month ago only when i stopped then it happend a few weeks ago when i left motorway then it was fine once i pulled off again and last night went down motorway again when i left motorway and stopped at end of slip road low oil pressure flickering on and off again when i pull off it goes straight back off then everytime i stop after a few seconds its back on. But if i turn engine off and back on it dosnt happen again unless i go on motorway again.
So its something to do with going high speeds then stopping any ideas ?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot also fixed injector seals and still thin black fluid around injectors maybe this is oil connected to the problem ?

D

·
0 Posts
That the timing chain had come through the top cover. They leak oil into the injector wells then.

D

·
0 Posts
It'll come through the cover under the manifold on the left of the engine looking in.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The thing i dont understand is yesterday i poured water around injectors to wash diesel away then tried to watch where it came from but nothing leaks till i drive it. And the liquid came back black when i drove round block water was gone and black fluid there but why would thediesel be black if its fresh i had just clean around injectors unless it coming up past oil seals and was already black

D

·
0 Posts
Then its oil thats leaking. Have a look at my timing chain replacement thread. Search above.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It'll come through the cover under the manifold on the left of the engine looking in.
You mean the black plastic around injectors well behind ? Or you mean the metal cover under turbo ? That gets bits of oil or diesel on it too and the circle thing on bottom of turbo its just like a circle metal dish below turbo

D

·
0 Posts
No you can reuse the belt. The chain drives the two camshafts.
On the site up top theres a search button. Type in timing chain replacement. Its only there a week or two.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just bumped it up. Can you see it now?
When you say its come through the top what does that mean the top of something will need replacing ? Also do you think this is what causes the low oil pressure and why only after motorway driving ? Thx mate your a star

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok found your thread looks complicated but I might give it ago do I have to remove engine mount ? take off timing belt and remove the top cog belt goes onto ? also how do I remove the black parts behind injectors like plastic parts ? cant see no fixings or splines to undo ? also if its gone through the top what do I need ? thanks mate

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok found your thread looks complicated but I might give it ago do I have to remove engine mount ? take off timing belt and remove the top cog belt goes onto ? also how do I remove the black parts behind injectors like plastic parts ? cant see no fixings or splines to undo ? also if its gone through the top what do I need ? thanks mate
ive just found out how to take it all apart on youtube how do I know if its gone through top ? and if it has what do I need new camshaft cover ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts