Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. My wife has a 2007 307cc 2l petrol with about 55K on the clock just recently it's makes a horrible clunk when accelerating from a coast. It's so bad the whole car jolts. It's not when changing gear and it's not going round corners or over bumps. It's in s straight line and only from coasting. I.e take your foot off the gas and put it back on and it will do it, just keep your foot gently on the gas and then floor it and it won't. Any ideas what might be causing this? Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I agree, probably engine mountings.

Does it judder when you pull away from a stop?
Thanks for your help. It does judder slightly but nothing like it does when putting your foot down from coasting. It also seems to get worse when the engine has been running a while.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I agree with the other two members. Grab hold of the engine and rock it front to rear direction whilst watching the mounts.The top one (offside of eng bay) is the easiest to see and most likely to be the culprit.

·
Registered
296 Posts
try getting somebody to put the car in 1st gear and ease out the clutch with the handbrake on while you watch the top engine mount.
you will soon see if it is worn.

·
6,090 Posts
Rear torque arm/mount would be my first check

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts