Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
3,179 Posts
Hi welcome to the forum and yes it 'could be' the wheel bearings..you will need to jack it up and check...and spin each wheel as fast as you can..but even then with no weight on them it may not show up ..a good trained ear would be better

·
Registered
168 Posts
I had something similar when I picked up my 2008 207SW, 54K miles. It was like a 'drone' around 60-70mph.

Luckily I had an MOT advisory that said possible failing rear nearside wheel bearing. Thing was, when I jacked it up, I was damned if I could feel or hear anything!!!

If I'd had a passenger with good hearing they might have crawled around in the back seat and at least have told me where the noise was coming from.

I changed my rear discs/bearings and the noise went and has been gone ever since.

Do check that the exhaust is not contacting the bodywork anywhere too. That can cause noises similar.

·
Registered
870 Posts
best to grab the spring hard and spin the wheel both sides, sometimes you can feel the bad side.
bearings can go dry so dont rely on play in wheel.

·
Registered
870 Posts
yea can sometimes be hard to find, a neighbour had three bearings swapped at a garage, turned out to be the fourth causing the drone. but that was a volvo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts