Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Compared with that of other cars, noise comes on cooling fan of my Peugeot 307 1.8L is rather loud. What may be the possible reasons causing such problems, and how to solve it ?

Help, thanks!

·
11,724 Posts
Bearings, damaged blade? I'd compare the noise against another Pug 307 though.

I'd record mine but it never comes on, the car doesn't get hot enough.

P

·
0 Posts
You should only be hearing the fan when the engine is very hot and needs cooling down. Has only come on a couple of times for me.

I'd be checking if the engine is indeed overheating or if something is faulty and causing the fan to come on.

didn't know 307 did a 1.8 :confused:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bearings, damaged blade? I'd compare the noise against another Pug 307 though.

I'd record mine but it never comes on, the car doesn't get hot enough.
As you said damaged blade may also cause the problem, while i have check the blade to be intact...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
You should only be hearing the fan when the engine is very hot and needs cooling down. Has only come on a couple of times for me.

I'd be checking if the engine is indeed overheating or if something is faulty and causing the fan to come on.

didn't know 307 did a 1.8 :confused:
previously, i have checked the blade intact, what's more, via investigation i found the temperature higher than that of last summer (use air condition, but now not), it is pretty abnormal.

additionally supplemented, i know little about fault code scanner, any recommended tool for solving the fault or, at least, find the fault relies on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts