Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car in question is a 2005 307 SW XSi HDi 16v 136.

Bit of a strange one this, when I rev the car I can hear a roar / loud induction noise and the turbo winding down but I cant for the life of me figure out where its coming from - at the moment i'm guessing behind the air doser or around that area but I cant pinpoint anything?

All pipes to the whole turbo circuit are sound and secure, the only thing I have observed so far is a pipe missing from the bottom of the air filter housing - when the car is idling I can feel air blowing from it, when I block the main airway to the air filter housing I get no reaction until I block this secondary hole that a pipe is meant to attach to which then the intercooler hose pulls in and in turn will stall the car.

The pipe that is meant to be at the bottom of the air filter housing, does it link to another component in the engine bay that I can't see or do I have something missing all together?

Any help on this would be appreciated. :thumb:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok i've done some investigating this morning and found 2 possible problems.

1) The induction noise is due to the top butterfly of the air doser being fully open all the time, the bottom one is fully closed?

2) The electro valve leading to the air doser isnt holding vacuum like it should be, but if you unplug the vac pipes the turbo stops working?

When I used forced vacuum to the top butterfly the engine went nice and quiet, I swapped the electro valve with the one that controls the EGR and it made no difference and that one isn't losing vacuum and works as it should.

I'm unfamiliar with the air doser on this car and how it is meant to work so any suggestions or info on this would be a great help.

Many thanks :thumb:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts