Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Hope someone here can help me.

My car seemed fine today for about 6 miles however after that, it started losing power and bunny hopping. You could feel the engine trying to go but the power wasn't getting through. It did pick up and drove fine for a minute or so, but then the bunny hopping began again. On a couple of occasions it cut out completely. Engine starts first time after cutting out but i can hear a loudish humming/whirring noise that appears to come from under the car. Noise goes away as soon as i move off again.

To be honest the car has had similar problems in the past. On 3-4 occasions over the past year, the car has lost power when driving. It feels like the car is coming to a stop and then picks up again. I put this down to a bit of dirt in the fuel. It didn't bunny hop on these occasions, and only ever lasted a few seconds.

The car has also been very thirsty over the last few months. It has recently (about a month ago) had all the filters changed and checked for leaks. I was told the underneath of the car looked in great condition, and they couldn't find any faults with it. I was advised to run some redex through it which i did.

The car is a 306 1.4 (1360) miami on a P reg.

Any help/advise would be greatly received.:lol:

·
Super Moderator
1,748 Posts
Bit of a tricky one! My first guess because of the humming noise would be faulty fuel pump. The only other thing I can think of would be a blockage somewhere like an injector but I would imagine if it was this it would be more consistant.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts