Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just yesterday I started to hear a loud hissing coming from the front passenger side of the car. The sound can be likened to a deflating tyre or plastic shopping bag stuck around the wheel, this gets louder as I accelerate. Accompanying the sound is a loss of power at the range I would expect the turbo to kick in (2000rpm). My first thought was a pipe connected to the turbo has come loose. I checked some pipework but couldn't get a view of the turbo, however I did disconnect the pipe to the intercooler and to my shock I noticed there was oil in there (not much but enough to make me think it can't be right). After doing some googling and searching around on this forum I'm thinking that I've either got a bust pipe connected to the turbo or my turbo seals are past their best?

Furthermore since this has happened my original problem of the engine juddering at light throttle within a rev range of 1500-2000rpm has gone away. The car now drives smoothly albeit slowly. Could the turbo issue I'm now having be the cause of the engine judder I was previously experiencing?

Also, if I continue to drive the car until I can get it to a garage will I be causing serious damage to the turbo? (the googling led me to cases of runaway engines, bit extreme but is that possible).:eek:

·
Registered
127 Posts
You have a burst boost pipe or intercooler
Agree,that would be my first port of call.And don't be too concerned about a small amount of oil in the boost pipe,most I have checked have some.Just clean out what you can,most of it comes from the breather pipes.My bet would be a split boost pipe,very common fault.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts