Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Ive been having a few issues with my girlfriends 307 of late, to start with it was very underpowered, quick search on here and a bit of messing around I changed solenoid valve for turbo, No fix, carried on messing around and diagnostic turned out to be turbo actuator, ive stuck a new one on and car pulled like a train and has been fine up until 2 days ago, lost all power again dont know if its in 'limp mode' as you can rev over 2500k?

plugged back in again and got error codes along the lines of

maximum number of re-gens attempted
fuel cap circuit open
Additive level overfull - or something similar?

driving back from diagnostic car started smoking like i was in the red arrows very prominent smell of fuel in smoke, not like steam

Am i right in thinking that if the fuel cap sensor is not being read, and no elloys fluid is being sent to DPF this will block very quickly?

As for the smoke is that a by product of a blocked DPF and it not being able to re-gen?

I am going to get the DPF and give it a good clean out in caustic soda and jet wash out, and change sensor and see what happens, will i need to do anything else to force a regen of the dpf or just drive it round for a bit?

the car is a 1.6hdi 307 2005

Thanks in Advance:thumb:

·
Registered
647 Posts
Check the oil level as fail regens can result in diesel in the oil and a risk of runaway. Also check the injectors, the bolts have a habit of working lose and then the injector seat and seals will need sorting if that is so (you might see carbon sludge build up around the injectors), probably not the cause of the current problem though.
White smoke is usually unburnt diesel entering the exhaust system.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help lads, I took it to bits last night and it looks as if the turbo has also died, which is very annoying I wonder if it has been caused by the build up of pressure / heat from the blocked dpf? I dont really have a clue other that i can rattle the shaft about like its not even fixed to anything.

Just another job to add to the list, ive took loads of pictures and I will post my struggle on here once finished to try to aid others unlucky enough to get in this position.

:thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts