Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

i am new to the fourm, i dont own a peugot my self but my girl friend does, my best mate is a mechanic running his own garage and i have picked up a little bit from working with hime on various diffrent cars.

Anyway my girlfrind found a 307 on gumtree that she really like a 1.6 petrol rapier, she doesnt know anything about cars apart from how to drive them, unfortunatly i wasnt abel to go with her when she went to pick it up so i asked her to ask the seller all the usual questions like does it have FSH whens the tax and mot due and so on, all the answeres came back and it sounded good. unfortunatly the guy she bought it from him is a right CROOK he has well and truely done her over, I tryed contacting him when she got home but he seems to have disapered. It also turns out that it had only been serviced twice in its whole life or only been recorded in the book as being serviced twice and its got 126k miles on it!!! :S cringe haha

anyway the problems are as followed Anti polution fault, horrible nosie coming from the starter motor, slight oil leek, keys wont sync to the car so not abel to lock it, horribly clunking noise from the clutch, and the boot wont open unless the ignition is turned on, and every time you switch the engine off and back on it resests the trip computer and the clock.

as for the antipolution fault i read the codes but my book didnt have the codes in it im assuming its because its not a generic code? i wipped the code/light and it stayed off for about a week or so then came back on. i have read on the net that it could be caused by many faults MAF sensors, lamba sensors, dodgy spark plugs, could this be caused because its not been serviced? its getting serviced next weekend. also the indicator stalk wont go back to netral with out doing it manually.

as for the keys i called my closest peugot dealer to find out they gave me the instructions to sync the keys to the car but it hasnt worked so they said it needs to go onto their computer costing £160 + bear in mind its a 3 hour drive to the closes dealer so fuel on top of that :( i dont have a problem taking it and getting it done but i read on the net that a guy paid the full wack to get the garage to do it and it worked for a while and the un synced its self again and keeps resetting the trip computer every time the car is turned on.

the starter motor makes a horrible whineing. crunching noise when starting the engine when cold, im assumeing that the starter motor is on its way out?

and i think the clutch is to, when pushed in it stops making the noise if ur foot is off the accelorator.

and for the boot i have no idea about thats as to why the key has to be in the ignition and turned on?

and for the indicator stock goes from on past netural to the other indicator direction, i read this is a common faut, any ideas how to fix it?

I am just posting as i could do with answers/ suggestions on how to/and what to do to fix these problems

any help is grately apprechiated

thanks Robaidh

·
Registered
437 Posts
Maybe if you post the generic codes up someone might be able to advise on them.

Better still find out if there's anyone close to you with Peugeot Planet to do a proper global test on the car.

Antipollution can be many many things.

The starter motor may need replacing or the ring gear might be worn

·
Registered
556 Posts
AS roky says It wants a good service, the clutch wants checking/replacing starter wants checking/replacing the comms(stalks) unit wants replacing (there is a bodge you can do but depends how goosed it is)i replaced mine after messing with it getting nowhere,130 quid for me to buy it.

Oil leak wants identifying.
Hopefully the service and a good run will cure the depollution fault, if not maybe service/replace the dpf/sensors but post the codes and ppl will help you.
:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts