Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Grrrr what is it with my car :( (a 307 110hdi) cruising along at 75 on a slight incline yesterday when it suddenly lost about half of its power, no warning lights, nothing, pulled over, turned off, had a look under the bonnet :confused: like ya do, it looked just the same as it always did :p started up and carried on still only half power but as long as there was no hills I could get it up to 70 again. Any ideas :ask:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Grrrr what is it with my car :( (a 307 110hdi) cruising along at 75 on a slight incline yesterday when it suddenly lost about half of its power, no warning lights, nothing, pulled over, turned off, had a look under the bonnet like ya do, it looked just the same as it always did :p started up and carried on still only half power but as long as there was no hills I could get it up to 70 again. Any ideas :ask:
Sounds like the "limp mode". This is usually accompanied by a multi function display warning stating "Depollution fault" or similar.

It is likely it is the DPF (particulate filter) or something relating to the engine management. The problem is that this particular fault is hard to diagnose without plugging it into the Peugeot Planet interface at a local dealer or someone with the tool to successfully pinpoint your issue.

Otherwise it will be a guessing game, finger in the air jobby ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, no warnings at all, which is the air flow meter?? I'm guessing its the first thing you see on the air intake when you open the bonnet yes?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interestingly when I had the dmf done recently, it says on the bill that there are faults on the system for air flow meter and dpf additive system, now I know there is plenty of eolys in the tank but I'm guessing it could be almost anything right:confused:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Timo, sounds exactly the same problem as I currently have, same car:1.6 hdi 110bhp

No fault lights and no black smoke, I think the turbo's not kicking in but due to the lack of smoke I'm thinking it's not gone.

I'm guessing it's possibly not electrical (but am starting to think about these 2 solenoids that are something to do with the egr valve and turbo).

I'm struggling to get answers on here but trying to find out how to check if there's a vacuum to operate the turbo.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
On my car I think its the one nearest the sump and there is a thin pipe that goes from it past the right hand side of the sump to the back of the engine somewhere, possibly the turbo I cannot tell:thumb: the other two are higher up the front of the engine, so many friggin little pipes going everywhere its to tell what they are all for.

I've fixed mine the trouble is I'm not sure how. I cleaned the Air flow metre, but the big pipe (intercooler pipe??) that goes under and to the right hand side of the sump was disconnected so I connected that as well so could have been either of those:confused:
I still don't think its going as well as it should though:nono: I think Ill get shot of it before it costs me any more:thumb:

·
Registered
96 Posts
On my car I think its the one nearest the sump and there is a thin pipe that goes from it past the right hand side of the sump to the back of the engine somewhere, possibly the turbo I cannot tell:thumb:

I've fixed mine the trouble is I'm not sure how. I cleaned the Air flow metre, but the big pipe that goes under and to the right hand side of the sump was disconnected so I connected that as well so could have been either of those:confused:
I still don't think its going as well as it should though:nono: I think Ill get shot of it before it costs me any more:thumb:
Is yours the newer model to my 54 plate? The turbo on mine is at the front.

·
5,863 Posts
the big pipe that goes under and to the right hand side of the sump was disconnected :

I would think you have a 2.0 110 and the big hose was the turbo to intercooler hose that had come off. If you have the 2.0 engine turbo's are not as fragile as the 1.4 - 1.6

1 - 17 of 17 Posts