Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently my 2007 1.6.HDI has lacked power when trying to use more than about quarter throttle in the higher gears and a warning came up saying 'Danger of filter blocking' (which did clear after about 3 restarts) so thinking that the fuel filter might be partially blocked, I changed it but it made no difference to the problem. I used the car again today and after about 3 miles the above error message appeared followed by an 'Antipollution Faulty' message with the MIL permanently on and then after about 6 miles I could not do more than 50mph with very little acceleration. Has it gone into a 'limp' mode? I have an OTC scanner which unfortunately wont communicate with the car. All suggestions as to the possible cause of this problem gratefully received.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had this problem on my old 56 plate 110bhp 1.6 HDI and we had all sorts of scanners on it. Planet wouldn’t show anything wrong. The would idle absolutely fine. But take it for a drive and it get high revs and would cut to limp mode.
Turned out it was just the fuel filter needed replacing.
Changed that and the car ran like a dream again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had this problem on my old 56 plate 110bhp 1.6 HDI and we had all sorts of scanners on it. Planet wouldn’t show anything wrong. The would idle absolutely fine. But take it for a drive and it get high revs and would cut to limp mode.
Turned out it was just the fuel filter needed replacing.
Changed that and the car ran like a dream again.n I
When I changed the fuel filter I could not prime the system from the rubber bulb. I had to suck fuel through with a hand vacuum pump on the fuel return connection to start the car H
Whilst you are on changing the fuel filter why don't you replace them all not forgetting the pollen filter!
Air and oil filters have been changed but I can't see how a pollen filter could cause a power loss!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I changed the fuel filter I could not Prime the system with the rubber bulb. I had to suck fuel through with a hand vacuum pump on the return fuel line to start the car. Has this any relevance to my power loss problem?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts