Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, driving into work today, all OK, then crawled in traffic, then when moving again noticed a lack of power. No bang, clunk or other warning. I'm guessing possible turbo issue.
Any ideas? It's a 02 plate 307 hdi 130 bhp.
Dave

·
Registered
14,614 Posts
There is not an HDI 130 :) you may mean 136 or RHR engine code but not sure that engine was available in 2002
OR you may mean a 110 RHS engine

Need to know which as systems differ but vacuum check would be my first port of call

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just had a look, seems car will run fine but will not run above 2300 revs, im assuming its gone into limp mode, but why, I know not!

Any ideas anyone.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Just had a look, seems car will run fine but will not run above 2300 revs, im assuming its gone into limp mode, but why, I know not!

Any ideas anyone.
if you answer the question above people might actually help you but as you dont seem to be bothered maybe other people take the same attitude as you

WHAT ENGINE IS IT????????????????????????????

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Sorry, I did answer but from my phone, but for some reason it didn't go through!

Its the 136 bhp, and my mistake, this is my wifes car and is a 2003.

Dave

·
Registered
90 Posts
If its gone into limp mode you could try disconnecting the MAF and make sure that the inlet pipework hasnt come apart above the cam cover.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I had issues with the wastegate solenoid - the rubber vacuum pipes kept popping off. They look like a little balck asthma inhaler, bolted to the lower front of the engine with 2 rubber pipes

PP2k or Diagbox would likely point you in the right direction

·
Registered
14,614 Posts
Vacuum pipes off
Burst boost pipes
Collapsed boost pipes
EGR valve jammed open slightly
EGR flaps jammed

1 of the vacuum solenoids open leaking off vacuum

Blocked DPF

Intake pipes off

The list is endless !!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I thought only the 136BHP RHR came in around 2004,

as said above MAP MAF EGR, turbo sensors ect also would it not be better to get it on a computer as if the turbo goes or lack of power you would get a fault on the dash, ap fault I had on mine and it was the turbo valve,

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm going to check out the mentioned stuff, can and will get code read, if it's nothing obvious I can get the car on a computer and vac check on Wednesday. No time before during garage hours hence wondered if there may be an obvious quick fix.
Cheers all

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok had it on a computer, they have diagnosed a problem with the particle filter, codes p2002 p1448, also I got a code read off a cheap code reader, this was p1447.
Is this as simple as replacing the particle filter, mind I guess that's not as easy as it sounds.!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
If those codes are anything to go by, you've got a clogged DPF.

Don't buy a new one - they're expensive, and you can save a lot of money by cleaning the filter already present. There's a couple of guides on how to clean the filter by hand on the forum.

I would also consider why the car isn't going through regens - it needs a frequent blast down the motorway to go through the regen process. However, there may be an underlying issue causing the car not to regenerate the filter.

Common problems causing this are cooling fan faults and glow plug faults, but there are others.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
info on forum

ok, call me stupid, but, how doo I find the guides on the forum, I searched it and it took me externally

·
Registered
14,614 Posts
Reading codes only gives you half the answers you need to actually spend some time looking at parameter readings and live data to get to the real reason for the codes

First thing i would do is wash out the DPF then go back on the computer and check the DPF fluid levels and the differential pressure sensor readings,miles since last regen,DPF load etc etc there is so much more to diagnostics than simply reading fault codes !!

·
Registered
15 Posts
similar but different problem

new here, and i did do a search but can't find anyone with the same symptoms...

i've been driving an 06 307HDi and had plenty of power, but today noticed a sudden lack of grunt going up a hill. it didn't resolve, i suspected the turbo but don't know much about them.

anyways... after i turned the car off and on it came good (the strange symptom). i gave it a bit of stick and it went again in only a few minutes, a power cycle (while rolling) again sorted it.

so, i can't see how it can be a hose issue as this would be persistent? i did start using a different diesel supplier, but again - this would be persistent if it was a filter/dirty fuel?

seems electrical...

i thought i noticed it the other day - but only briefly, and 1. i was towing a heavy trailer and 2. it was on loose dirt and up hill. but i do know the car and loss of power was what i initially thought... i got out and looked around (and most likely powered off) and it was ok after that.

also, it's been raining alot (but i've never experienced this issue before, but thought i'd throw it in)

lastly, i did have error codes re the particulate filter but these have stopped many months ago after giving the air cleaner a good blow out with air.

i've NOT changed the fuel filter and don't know when it was last changed (i've had it about a year).

can a solenoid or EGR (whatever they are) go 'flaky'? seems one of the suggestions as a possible cause on the forums....

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
new here, and i did do a search but can't find anyone with the same symptoms...

i've been driving an 06 307HDi and had plenty of power, but today noticed a sudden lack of grunt going up a hill. it didn't resolve, i suspected the turbo but don't know much about them.

anyways... after i turned the car off and on it came good (the strange symptom). i gave it a bit of stick and it went again in only a few minutes, a power cycle (while rolling) again sorted it.

so, i can't see how it can be a hose issue as this would be persistent? i did start using a different diesel supplier, but again - this would be persistent if it was a filter/dirty fuel?

seems electrical...

i thought i noticed it the other day - but only briefly, and 1. i was towing a heavy trailer and 2. it was on loose dirt and up hill. but i do know the car and loss of power was what i initially thought... i got out and looked around (and most likely powered off) and it was ok after that.

also, it's been raining alot (but i've never experienced this issue before, but thought i'd throw it in)

lastly, i did have error codes re the particulate filter but these have stopped many months ago after giving the air cleaner a good blow out with air.

i've NOT changed the fuel filter and don't know when it was last changed (i've had it about a year).

can a solenoid or EGR (whatever they are) go 'flaky'? seems one of the suggestions as a possible cause on the forums....
You'll need your car diagnosing, search this thread for a member close to you and message them

1 - 20 of 28 Posts