Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something a bit odd happened to my 03 2.0 Hdi 90 on the way home from work today.
Had a loss of power and what looked like a puff of dust/smoke in my mirror.
felt lumpy and sounded like it was missing. Also sounded like the exhaust is blowing this morning and still does.
Diagnostics found:
P0704 (intermittent) Clutch switch inconsistent with engine speed (I've been driving an automatic for years so it could be me)
P0263 & P0266 (Permanent) Injector flow correction cylinder 1&2 time outside tolerance.
All reset ok and the care runs but its still lumpy at tick over with no further error codes. So yet again,,, Help!

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Something a bit odd happened to my 03 2.0 Hdi 90 on the way home from work today.
Had a loss of power and what looked like a puff of dust/smoke in my mirror.
felt lumpy and sounded like it was missing. Also sounded like the exhaust is blowing this morning and still does.
Diagnostics found:
P0704 (intermittent) Clutch switch inconsistent with engine speed (I've been driving an automatic for years so it could be me)
P0263 & P0266 (Permanent) Injector flow correction cylinder 1&2 time outside tolerance.
All reset ok and the care runs but its still lumpy at tick over with no further error codes. So yet again,,, Help!
have a look at live stream data on engine ecu and let us know what the injectors are reading at idle, also have you tried taking pipe off the egr and shuving a golf tee in it

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, Wife not well so I'm running around to the doctors and so on.
EGR: not yet, Not into golf so Ill look for an air hose plug tomorrow at work.
I just ran it again and my MaxiDiag FR704 can't do live data with this car It's a Paine in the neck like that sometimes.
Ran another test and Its actually injector flow correction1,2&3. value too high or too low P0263/6/9.
Lumpy as hell under 1700rpm, violently rocking the engine, sounds tappy and has an odd rubbing sound around 1200rpm.
Never did get a reply from my local planet guy from last time I pm'd him.
I have a hunch the rocker cover needs to come off again. :stressed:

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Sorry, Wife not well so I'm running around to the doctors and so on.
EGR: not yet, Not into golf so Ill look for an air hose plug tomorrow at work.
I just ran it again and my MaxiDiag FR704 can't do live data with this car It's a Paine in the neck like that sometimes.
Ran another test and Its actually injector flow correction1,2&3. value too high or too low P0263/6/9.
Lumpy as hell under 1700rpm, violently rocking the engine, sounds tappy and has an odd rubbing sound around 1200rpm.
Never did get a reply from my local planet guy from last time I pm'd him.
I have a hunch the rocker cover needs to come off again. :stressed:
I would try egr and get it on planet first

·
Registered
14,268 Posts
Change your fuel filter first check the bottom of filter case for debris if that's fine then I would do a leak off test on injectors if that's fine then it really is a session on planet reading live data.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Filter was changed about 4 weeks ago when you guys helped me with the jumped belt and smashed rockers. Will do the EGR tomorrow. Its been running so well, then blammo! Just like a dropped valve or something, Anyone near the A14 Kettering, Wellingborough, Peterborough, Huntingdon area with planet and a diesel compression tester. Good job I've still not sold the C5. :(

·
Registered
14,268 Posts
Its not likely to be a dropped valve the 8 valves don't really do that the 16 valves can though

The flow correction figures out of range is the ecu trying and failing to cure the issue.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Filter was changed about 4 weeks ago when you guys helped me with the jumped belt and smashed rockers. Will do the EGR tomorrow. Its been running so well, then blammo! Just like a dropped valve or something, Anyone near the A14 Kettering, Wellingborough, Peterborough, Huntingdon area with planet and a diesel compression tester. Good job I've still not sold the C5. :(
could have been bits of metal still in the fuel system and maybe blocked an injector

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So we're probably looking at a fuel isue rather than mechanical and if so would that point at injector 4 as the only one thats not compensating? Where do I get the kit from for a leak down test.?

·
Registered
14,268 Posts
With a trip to a friendly scrap yard and a bit of bodging some pipe and 4 small drink bottles you can make 1 !!

You need 4 end fittings from the last injector in the chain these connect to lengths of pipe going to the 4 bottles connect these to your injector top fittings and seal the pipe removed crank it up and watch the flow rates.

You want them all the same or close if 1 is much higher flow then that's your culprit but they could also all be faulty basically you are looking for equal flows but not excessive amounts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
With a trip to a friendly scrap yard and a bit of bodging some pipe and 4 small drink bottles you can make 1 !!

You need 4 end fittings from the last injector in the chain these connect to lengths of pipe going to the 4 bottles connect these to your injector top fittings and seal the pipe removed crank it up and watch the flow rates.

You want them all the same or close if 1 is much higher flow then that's your culprit but they could also all be faulty basically you are looking for equal flows but not excessive amounts
Sounds like a plan but I'm kind of grounded by the wife being ill. Ill see what I can invent. How hard are the injectors to get out, injectors are reasonable on ebay but with little kit or time would I be better off limping it to a local independent garage to have it done, or would that cause more damage?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Had a dig around and cant find any hose that would fit so I figured IF injector 4 is blocked and if its the one at the gearbox end that just happens to look a bit damp around the top, what would it run like if it were unplugged. so that's what I did = it starts and runs just the same pugged in or not :stressed:
PS its a siemens system

·
Registered
14,268 Posts
That's not injector 4 though that's injector 1 frenchies number things backwards :)

Injectors are easy enough to change on the 8 valve engines they rarely get stuck

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's not injector 4 though that's injector 1 frenchies number things backwards :)

Injectors are easy enough to change on the 8 valve engines they rarely get stuck
So injector flow correction 1,2&3. value too high or too low P0263/6/9 don't actually mean injector 1, 2 & 3 so me unplugging what I thought was 4 was a bit of a happy goof up lol.
Ok, it doesn't even want to know about starting with the other plugs off so are we close enough to call this one and get some injectors?

·
Registered
14,268 Posts
Seimens injectors do seem more troublesome than bosch with these so it is probably worth a shot BUT how 1 potentially bad injector could give poor flow corrections for others im not sure !!

Its not really a good idea to unplug them as it will give you lots more faults to erase and its not good to unplug while running as in some cases this itself can damage the injector

Did you check the egr is closed as this affects idle too if faulty

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Only while off. Will do egr in a min and get back to you if any change.
found some for £12.00 20 miles away, may as well get two, worth a shot. Do I have to change the copper seals or will I get away with the old one.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh joy, two valves. I took pot luck on the lower of the two and blanked both hoses with resistors of all things. No change!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I can now confirm the egr valve is ok
Swopped Injector 1 and its a little bit smoother otherwise its the same as before same codes and all. Still no joy finding hose for the leak down test.
Trying to get hold of my mobile mechanic friend from London but he's got way too much to do as it is.
I know I need someone with Planet but till then my tester has two 307 systems can & van which one should I use. It works with ether but van lists RHY Siemans among others, the other only RHR or RHL Siemans. Test results are the same but the phrasing description differs slightly.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
All the test kit finally arrived. This was the second 5 min run so the tubes were already full of fuel.
[/URL][/IMG]

1 - 20 of 46 Posts