Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
i recently purchased a 407 2.0 hdi with 80k miles on the clock. upon driving the car for approx 15+ minutes i have noticed that the car jerks and there is a loss in power, although there are no error messages displayed on the dash. since the problem arose i have had the car serviced although this hasn't helped. i took the car into a local garage who ran it on the diagnosic machine which came back with the error code 57347. however, the mechanic and peugeot themselves are unable to tell me what this means. i have been told that the air flow sensor may be a possible cause. any ideas?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've had this issue too!

My car is in for its 3rd diagnostic to rectify the situation.

I have had the EGR & De-pollution filter replaced already:eek:
Today they have located a "vacuum" problem which may account for the juddering.

Does your car have no power at all, or is it in the low rev band only?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
to be honest the drop in power is hardly noticeable. the main problem is the juddering/shaking whilst driving

·
Registered
9 Posts
get your diesel filter looked at. I got my car serviced a while ago and then i had a problem with it blowing a fuse with this cold weather. Something keeps freezing and blowing a fuse for the glow light when the ignition is turned on. When this happened we thought the diesiel might of been frozen so opened the filter and it was fairly dirty and was asked when i last got it serviced and i said anytime it's due. So i went to get one in Halfords and the lad in there said that these are hardly ever changed in a service and this will result in a loss of power and eventually the car will only go 40-50 mph because the filter gets so bad and not enough diesel getting through. So i'd say get it looked at and see how dirty it is?? Might help. Have mine changed other day and seems better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
get your diesel filter looked at. I got my car serviced a while ago and then i had a problem with it blowing a fuse with this cold weather. Something keeps freezing and blowing a fuse for the glow light when the ignition is turned on. When this happened we thought the diesiel might of been frozen so opened the filter and it was fairly dirty and was asked when i last got it serviced and i said anytime it's due. So i went to get one in Halfords and the lad in there said that these are hardly ever changed in a service and this will result in a loss of power and eventually the car will only go 40-50 mph because the filter gets so bad and not enough diesel getting through. So i'd say get it looked at and see how dirty it is?? Might help. Have mine changed other day and seems better.
I bought a peugeot 407 hdi 2.0 on jan 4th 2014 about near 2 weeks of having the car coming home from work the car started jerking,this did this for a fews miles and near home the car went back to normal,also the car started jerking while going to work on m1 turned off and went the tony brooks to get car checked,nothing was found in the diagnostics,but said when was the last time the car had a full sevice,i said 69.000 the car had 107,465
thay said this my be due to poor sevice by the previous owners and may be fuel filter,and air filter,i had booked the car in when i bought the car for a full service.
anyone finding their car is jerking check your fuel filter is not dirty same goes for the air filter and have a full sevice every 20.000

·
12,691 Posts
Most of us service every 12,000 miles. Some diesel owners do an oil and fuel filter change every 6000. Its really a no-brainer as the parts are dirt cheap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts