Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A wee issue has cropped up.

I had the timing chain replaced in February and it's been running fine since, perhaps a little hesitant occasionally when accelerating at low revs before the turbo kicked in but otherwise fine.

Then a couple of weeks back it started to develop more hesitancy when accelerating hard, stuttering. Generally this was when the engine was cold. Was about to get it booked in to have this checked out when....

....today, overtaking, I suffered hesitancy again and bingo, the depolution fault has popped up and the car went into limp home mode. Thankfully I made it past the tractor OK!

Will get it looked at next week, but can anyone give any pointers as to what the problem could be, fuel pump? coil? I don't want a dealer groping around in the dark trying to fix it and as much as I don't want to take it to the local Pug dealer, given they replaced the timing chain 8 months ago I want them to look at it first in case it's related.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Sounds like fuel pump issue. Would suspect p0172 be fault code or some misfire ones in there too.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Andy, I'll give you a shout if/when it happens again [Pug wanted £87 to hook it up to their diagnostic machine FFS!] but you know what, today the warning light has gone and the car is running fine.

I'm sure that wont be the end of it especially if its the fuel pump, but I'll see how it goes as I'm pretty busy over the next week so it saves a lot of hassle.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Hi Andy, I'll give you a shout if/when it happens again [Pug wanted £87 to hook it up to their diagnostic machine FFS!] but you know what, today the warning light has gone and the car is running fine.

I'm sure that wont be the end of it especially if its the fuel pump, but I'll see how it goes as I'm pretty busy over the next week so it saves a lot of hassle.
No worries am lot cheaper than that lol

Don't let them change the pump as it's nearly double the price of BMW one..... which is exactly the same part !

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No worries am lot cheaper than that lol

Don't let them change the pump as it's nearly double the price of BMW one..... which is exactly the same part !

No worries, I'll give you a shout if and when it happens again. It wont be going to Pug!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sounds like fuel pump issue. Would suspect p0172 be fault code or some misfire ones in there too.

How do you check the fuelpump? What should the fuelpressure be? I have about the same issue as Milemuncher, chain and all is replaced a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
have to measure a certain part of the pump with a digital vernier depth gauge, part needs to be off the car to do this properly, it needs to be under 27mm to comply other wise needs replaced.

·
Registered
124 Posts
P0172/po087

Hi there. I have a Peugeot 207 GTI 07 reg, which gives me exactly the same symptoms but only when engine is cold. It does not happen every time the engine is cold, but it started to happen more frequently. It only lasts for about 5-10 mins, and after that car runs smoothly.
One occasion I got the code P0172 and 3 or 4 times the code P0087. I have erased them and for the last week they have not come back; although the symptoms still happen.
I am a novice, so I was hoping if you have any ideas. Do you think that the fuel pump is playing up and do you think that cleaning the injectors will make a difference?

Many thanks

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Yep deffo the fuel pump. Need get it removed and measured and inspected for any cracks. Needs a digital vernier depth gauge to measure it. Longer runs with it like that more issues you can cause.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks so much, do you happen to have the part number please? If thats the fault I would rather change it.

Regards

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Yeh bud. It should be 1920LL the part number but check with your dealer but bad news is its over 400 quid for the part now!!

So best to check it 1st before replacing it to make sure 100 percent it's outside the tolerance level.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks for your info, I am going to the dealers any way next week so I will have it checked. Will keep you posted.
Regards

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
If it is fuel pump ur also best to do the fuel line to injectors which is around 25 quid think the now so u get proper new seal at back of the pump. Dealer will check it and measure it once they see the codes you have. Don't let them charge u for a diagnostic just ask them check the pump as u know the codes present alreadyb

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thanks a lot, I did speak to them this morning, told them the codes (P0087) and they are going to take the pump out to make the diagnostics of the pump. If its the pump I will ask them to do the fuel line to the injectors as you rightly recommend. I shall let you know after the 12/7. ALso the diagontic machine I have mentions problem with the fuel rail; is that something that they will look at anyway or shall I ask them to look seperately?

Kind regards

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
They should replace the fuel line to injectors as standard when they do the pump anyway if they are following the TSB from Peugeot !

What was the fault codes relating to the fuel rail ??

·
Registered
124 Posts
It only brought up the one code P0087. The turbo went into limb mode (couldnt hear the thsss... sound from the div valve) . When I erased the code, car run completely smooth (full power) until home about 35 miles away from work.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Also what I get sometimes (once a week) when I accelarate lets assume from 4th to 5th gear from 80mph to 100 mph I get the code P0299 (turbo underboost) alone (without the P0087).Not all the time, intermittently. I suspect the HP pump is not giving enough fuel to high demand.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Yeh deffo 1st pointing to fuel pump so can see what's what when that's measured.

The P0299 could be a result of this and safety measures kicking in or could be the bov or the electro valve for turbo pressure. But can see that once done fuel pump rather than swap parts for sake of it.

Is it standard bov u have ?

1 - 20 of 177 Posts