Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum and new to Peugeot.

I bought a 2006 Peugeot 407 1.6HDI last week, had to get the seals done on the injectors and some pipes replaced above the injectors as they were leaking.

The car was driving fine all week and today on my way to work it started spluttering, I looked at the dash and the engine light was on so was the oil light. STOP lit up then on the dash so I pulled over. I was only a couple of miles from the nearest town. I started the car and it cut out, started again and it cut out, I then let it run down the hill I was on and started it again and revved the shite out of it, I managed to get it to nurse it the couple of miles to the next town and pulled in at the first garage.

Called the tow truck and when he arrived I tried to start it again, car started then died, then the battery died and I couldn't start it without a booster pack. Now battery looks fairly dusty so I'ld say it hasn't been changed in a while, but I hadn't left the lights on in the car or done anything which would have ran the battery down.

The tow truck brought the car back to my local mechanic, I noticed an 'anti pollution fault' on the centre console as I moved the car away from the tow truck. The mechanic had a brief look at it this evening but the battery was dead again. He started it with a booster pack and said it was spluttering again and wanted to know if there was any chance there was petrol in it but I don't think there is.

Anyone have any ideas similar experiences?

·
Registered
822 Posts
With out plugging to see what is going it could anything!
From blocked dpf, low fuel pressure, fuel leak, jammed injector etc etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I got the anti-polution fault sorted before christmas it was the EGR valve jammed open.

Was going to work this morning and the engine light came on with the anti-pollution fault again, there wasn't loss in performance, any ideas?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts