Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if I have no idea what I am talking about but I am going to try my best.
My Peugeot 307 hdi 1.4 Diesel has been running fine until a couple of days ago... I have had this problem last year and it has come back again and its worse this time. Last year it fixed itself and this year it hasn't and I have a feeling it won't. It has recently passed its MOT and had a service.

When I get off its very sluggish and slow in gear 1, gear 2 but then its fine in gear 3, gear 4 and gear 5 but as soon as it gets up to 50mph it does not go any faster even with my foot right down on the accelerator. As soon as I get to a slight incline in the road or a hill it goes down to about 20mph so I change into gear 3 or gear 2 and it goes down even more with my foot down on the accelerator too. It seems fine on flat roads and down hills but still does not go over 50mph and it runs smoothly its just loss of power.

I put Redex in my car yesterday to see if it was the diesel I put in, I always go to Shell as I don't trust supermarket petrol stations but it hasn't helped. I done this last year as it was supermarket diesel that made my car like this last year but Redex and Shell diesel solved the problem unlike it has this year.

My brother who knows quite a lot about cars thinks it maybe the Mass Air flow sensor and he will be swapping mine with a new one to see if it is that on Saturday.

Please help me!! I am going to be buying a new car in September/October time, and I can't afford to buy a new one now!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts