Peugeot Forums banner

Loss of power - noisy with hard acceleration

11K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Baže sax 
#1 · (Edited)
My 207 1.6 Sport (2007) has suddenly started to exhibit a loss of power between 2.5k and 3k revs. There are no warning lights on the dash, and the warning log is empty. It seems to be ok up 'til about 2.5k revs. Overtaking has become painful. It will still get up to speed - it just takes a lot longer than it did a week ago.

I've checked the oil and refuelled (just in case it was due to bad petrol). When I accelerate hard - especially in the higher gears - I hear what I think is a sucking sound. It's hard to tell over the engine noise at high rpms.

It looks like I'll need to trade the car in soon (I need a bigger, family car), so I could really do without spending big money on it.

Has anyone experienced this before? Any suggestions as to what the problem might be?

I did a lot of googling/searching before posting, but things are no clearer. I've read about the "limp home mode", but I'm not sure if that's what I'm experiencing.

Thanks for any help/info.

#3 ·
Oh. Ok.

I was hoping the noise when accelerating hard might indicate something, or at least narrow the list of possible causes.

I'll have a search for a cheap-ish place to get that done, as I'm guessing my local Peugeot dealer won't be cheap.

Thanks

#6 ·
I had the car checked, and it came back with no errors. Upon further inspection by a mechanic, it looks like it's an ait in-take issue. He took it all apart, cleaned the filter (just in case) and checked the bits that he could see and put it back together. Still the same.

He thinks it might be a split in the air pipe, but he didn't have the equipment (a smoke machine, of sorts) to check it.

Oh, and I'd like to thank matt002 (Peugeot Planet) for offering to help.

#13 · (Edited)
Hi guys, I have misfire on cylinder 2 on my 1.6 vti with code P1338 most of the time and P2178 (system too rich)sometimes. The engine usualy starts and idles fine but lacks acceleration power and hesitates especialy when warm. The fan and limp mode are usual suspects of course.
The problems started after valve lead seals replacement. The timing was checked but smt is wrong again.
It has new iridium sparks, new coils,
New water pump, new thermostat and battery. Maybe vanos system or valve seats which were not touched in the process?
Any help here?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.