Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

My little 307 has recently developed a problem in 3rd gear only.
The car going up a slight incline struggles in 3rd gear.

I can keep my foot firmly on the pedal, and the revs will slowly drop all of a sudden. If I take my foot off and put it back on. It will pick up speed and then start to lose power again.

About 10 minutes before doing it, I did a rather large wheel spin. This was due to my music being too loud and wet road/bold tires (current wheels are getting refurbished)

I didn't feel the car judder much and thought the road was bumpy. But when spinning but I noticed the revs were about 5k. I only know I spun it as my dad asked "why was I showing off with the large wheel spin going down the road"
Also I did a long trip yesterday and at some point the plastic tray that sits under the engine snapped completely off.

The engine still sounds fine, and it pulls thorough every gear just as it should apart from 3rd.

It just seems like I take my foot off the pedal briefly when the problem happens.
I've also not had planet into it yet. As no lights have come on the dash.

I only had this problem while going to the shop about 15 minutes ago. I drove it back and it's been on the drive since. I'm yet to go out in it again.

It's a 307, 1.4 petrol with 83k miles on the clock.

Thanks.

EDIT: I should also add that I managed to get 80 miles out of £10 yesterday. So the tank has basically been ran dry today. Could I have dragged muck into the filter from the bottom of the tank? The problem has only just started, and there was no signs while driving home after filling it up.

P

·
0 Posts
Have you got Planet? If not give Pr1vatePiles a shout, he's only on't Cliff.
Unless he's just sold it, he does have PP as he diagnosed his abs problem. Possibly could have sucked some crap through, take my advice, keep tank topped up.

Best bet lob diagnostics on it and see what it shows.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep I've still got PP. It's not done it since, so I think maybe it did drag some crap though and clogged the filter. Done a 144 mile trip to cleethorpes today and it drove perfect.
I'll still get PP on it tomorrow just in case something did pop u[p and will post back my results.

P

·
0 Posts
Quick update.
Planet shows nothing. Guess it's time for a full service. Notice 2nd gear lacks a lot of power when cold but this maybe normal.
Deffo way forward, euro usual cheap for all filters and oil. Think i replaced all mine for £30 last time thanks to their discount codes.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quick update guys,

The car has now started doing it in 2nd and 4th.
I've not replaced anything as of yet.

Just had PP on it now and I have a fault with the Engine.

"Ignition Integrated Phase Detected"

Now when I got the car, it had this error. I erased it and it went away. But now back.
I'm not sure if this is the problem but I'll mention that the car had a bump and the corner chassis got bent. We bent it out and connected the Earth back up.

Does anyone know what this is, how to fix it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
14,281 Posts
Only thing I want to say is running out of fuel does NOT draw crap from bottom of tank the fuel is always drawn from the bottom of the tank even when full :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Only thing I want to say is running out of fuel does NOT draw crap from bottom of tank the fuel is always drawn from the bottom of the tank even when full :)
?

Excuse my ignorance but if the dirt is collected at the bottom of the tank and fuel is drawn from the bottom of the tank them wouldn't it pull it through?:rolleyes:

Guess it some sort of ignition problem?

·
Registered
14,281 Posts
?

Excuse my ignorance but if the dirt is collected at the bottom of the tank and fuel is drawn from the bottom of the tank them wouldn't it pull it through?:rolleyes:

Guess it some sort of ignition problem?
That's exactly my point if it was dirty fuel it would be doing it all the time as dirt would get sloshed around when mobile and the pump would pull it in .

People have this strange notion that the tank is magic and draws fuel from the top :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's exactly my point if it was dirty fuel it would be doing it all the time as dirt would get sloshed around when mobile and the pump would pull it in .

People have this strange notion that the tank is magic and draws fuel from the top :)
I was just thinking little bits would have been going in when the tank was low. Ruled that out today as I have nearly half of tank and it's done it twice in 7 miles. Both in 3rd gear going about 25-30mph.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts