Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I wonder if any other 307 owners have had a similar problem as this; Drive along at any speed and without notice the four needles reading speedo, rev counter,temp and fuel all drop to off and the RED stop light comes on, after 3-4 seconds the needles resume working and the RED stop light goes out.
Any ideas where to look for the solution?

Thanks for looking

Geoffm.

G

·
Now thats interesting,

mine was doing this during the summer, also power was seriously lacking when the car was doing this

I never found a cause and it hasnt done it again since, i just put it down to the fact it was blisteringly hot on each occasion

Bit worried now if it can occur in the cold, will have to keep an eye on mine as well! :eek:

·
Registered
196 Posts
acording to auto data all 307 that do that is a well known problem.its alternator voltage output to high.
BOSCH - 5705AS
VALEO - 5705AG
Should be codes stored in ecu

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks bigboots for the reply

When the weather subsides i will venture out under the bonnet to check which alternator has been fitted, the car is the 2.0 HDi 90 psi 52 plate.

Geoffm

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think it's more likely to be an alternator fault rather than the output of the alternator being incorrect. The alternator should give out the correct voltage regardless of output (in amps) so if it's delivering too much voltage then either a new alternator or have yours fettled. Output diode seems to ring a bell somewhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts