Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks

Wonder you could help with this? My car is 2002 2.0Hdi (110)

I'm experiencing loss of gears in my car but only when ive been running 30 minutes or more.

The gearbox / gear selector / clutch is fine and select gears with ease when first starting a journey its only after 30 miles of continuous running that the gears become hard to select if not impossibe.

The clutch isn't slipping, the clutch pedal does not go stiff or heavy and if i turn the engine off I can select gears without a problem.

If i get stuck i have to let the engine cool down and then re start it - it it will drive off / go through the gears no probs. Any thoughts on what this may be folks?

Thanks as always for your help

·
Registered
276 Posts
We had a similar problem with our 307 1.6 HDi, we could get it in gear and drive but couldn't change the gear.

It turned out to be the flywheel (dual mass) had broken. How many miles has your car done? Ours went at 33k, do you know if yours is a dual mass flywheel or if it's been changed?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ribs

Thanks for your reply.:)

Mine has just done 85,000 miles, not sure if the dual mass fly wheel has been replaced in the car's lifetime or not.

Any other theories as to why i have encountered this problem?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi , I had a similar problem with mine turned out to be a bent selector fork in the gearbox. Managed to get it fixed without removing box. Think they worked through inspection cover.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts