Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi..

56 diesel 407 sw 2.7ltr about 120k black lab, wife...

If i brake fairly firmly or suddenly i get the above notices on video screen..it's really annoying, but all comes back after a few cycles..(engine off..on again..longest about 2/3 days.)

i read somewhere it could be bad earth on rear light cluster..but stripped cleaned and wd40'd but no cure..

Pedal seems a little low, longing to change pads and bleed but there's lots of miles on them yet..

Definitely seems to be a pedal travel thing..checked the obvious, but this eludes me..any ideas please?

New to this..searched for this issue but can't find it..many thanks in anticipation

C

·
0 Posts
Try the earth fix instead of cleaning could also be faulty brake switch which will cost less than a tenner.

Peugeot Planet owner, Doncaster

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Esp asr cruise control loss braking

Okey dokey..thanks dab and xlineiain..

Oh! While we're on, the auto windscreen wipe mode is very 'keen'

just a little bit of rain and super duper fast wiping, just too excessive for my liking, aware of screen sensor, is there a fix? Or perhaps 'cover'/obscure some of the sensors? Dab of black paint maybe...any ideas?

C

·
0 Posts
Think it can be adjusted with planet, don't cover/paint it cos it'll be off like the clappers as it'll think it's covered in rain.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Is it really? Supposedly wasn't possible for the 308 at least.

However changing to brand new wiper blades did fix the problem on my missus 308.
It now behaves more like we like it to :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Adjusting auto windscreen wipe sensitivity

Hi all..

Thanks for usual prompt replies from you all..much obliged..

However, excuse my ignorance, but what is 'planet' please?

Thanks again..paul

C

·
0 Posts
Planet is dealer level diagnostic equipment, plenty of us on here have it, same as what dealers have but we can't connect to pug servers like dealers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts