Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im confused, im losing water at a fast rate (filled up 3 times since friday). Ive left the var running in a dry garage for an hour with no leaks, used uv dye to reassure no missed leaks. Theres no white smoke or temperature issues.

Im really confused now....help?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Coolant.
It does only (seem to) leak when the engine is running.

Ive been thinking its something to do with my intercooler pipes, but having left a sheet of cardboard under the engine with no water present after an hour running, Ive ruled that out.
A coolant leak while the engine is running is likely in the water return hoses.

The vehicle can be standing still and in park, but with the engine running the fluids are still being pushed through the system to keep the engine cool. The water return lines generally run from the top left of the radiator when you are standing at the front of the car looking at the engine. Any leak in that system will likely not continue once the engine is stopped as the fluid no longer is pushed through the system.

It may need further expert assistance at a garage if you are not confident diagnosing yourself.

·
Registered
19 Posts
coolant water loose

Im confused, im losing water at a fast rate (filled up 3 times since friday). Ive left the var running in a dry garage for an hour with no leaks, used uv dye to reassure no missed leaks. Theres no white smoke or temperature issues.

Im really confused now....help?
=========================================================
i had the same problem with mine 307 sw 2008 . i went to the local garage . the technical remove the coolant water completely . clean the water cycle . he found the problem reason is at the water out let from the engine there is a right angle elbow it was broken and the water leakage as a steam so you can not see . after replace a new one . the water level is going to normal state.sure you have the same trouble.:nod
sent by AH
mail: [email protected]

·
11,790 Posts
Ive left the engine running with the bonnet open with an open container over the expansion cap (while done up tight) and the problem is somewhere around there.

Could either be a new cap (hopefully) or a new tank.
Does your tank have the level sensor in it? That has a rubber washer seal which may have perished and is also letting steam escape if so.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi had the same problem with mine. Finally discovered there was fluid escaping form the seal around the temp sensor and running down into the passenger footwell.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I'm still stuck on this, tried absolutely everything, even went as far as a new head gasket, water pump, thermostat, expansion tank and cap and a new level sensor.
Checked all other possible water pipes around the engine and in the car and nothing.

Still no water leaks or white smoke, I've even taken the bonnet off, put a pane of glass over the top and left the car at fast idle for 40 minutes to see if there is any steam and nothing.

Might just dump the engine now, it's starting to proper piss me off.
Really surprised, 88k engine, full service history and its like this. I've had two previous HDi(90) engines that lasted well into 300k with minimal work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts