Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Totally starting to lose the wil to live with this poxy Peugeot 307 1.4 petrol 2005.

Bought the car 4 weeks ago and all was fine, a week after buying it I got the dreaded "Anti pollution fault" changed both lambda sensors and the map sensor and the anti pollution fault disappeared, then after that was cured the car started running very lumpy and rough when cold and kept cutting out, which it still does. Went for a drive last night and now the "oil pressure insufficient" light is constantly going flashing and beeping even after changing the oil pressure switch and oil levels are at maximum.

I have tried finding someone in my area (Derby) with PP2000 or Diagbox without success.

Any help will be greatfully received.

Ian

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi....I know this might not help ..but when was the oil and filter last changed ?
Hi noddy-hol,

Oil and filter was changed last week at my local garage, oil level indicator on the dash is reading at max and level on the dipstick is on the full marker also.

Many thanks for commenting.

Ian

·
11,766 Posts
If you're getting random unconnected sensors reporting faults, I'd look at the battery.

Oil pressure warnings immediately after an oil change can be down to a faulty filter.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you're getting random unconnected sensors reporting faults, I'd look at the battery.

Oil pressure warnings immediately after an oil change can be down to a faulty filter.
Hi Gibbo,

Battery is approximately 6-8 months old which was changed by the previous owner, they also carried out a service, oil, oil filter, air filter etc etc. I got the oil and filter changed after buying more as a precaution, it just something I always do, the "oil pressure insufficient" warning started coming on randomly before I got the oil and filter change done, now it is pretty much there constantly once the engine warms up slightly. I have bitten the bullet and it booked in with the garage on Tuesday so I'll see what they can come up with other than a big repair bill.

Many thanks for commenting. :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hi Gibbo,

Battery is approximately 6-8 months old which was changed by the previous owner, they also carried out a service, oil, oil filter, air filter etc etc. I got the oil and filter changed after buying more as a precaution, it just something I always do, the "oil pressure insufficient" warning started coming on randomly before I got the oil and filter change done, now it is pretty much there constantly once the engine warms up slightly. I have bitten the bullet and it booked in with the garage on Tuesday so I'll see what they can come up with other than a big repair bill.

Many thanks for commenting. :)
Did u manage to fix the issu ?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
453 Posts
I've read a few posts regarding oil pressure lights "beeping" and "flashing" on these 1.4 engines and obviously appears to me to be an inherent fault on these engines.
For others out there, might be worth investigating sourcing a pressure sensor with a very slightly lower setting which I think are available for Peugeots other engines.
Mine used to do it after short journeys and when the A/C was switched on

·
Registered
292 Posts
I've read a few posts regarding oil pressure lights "beeping" and "flashing" on these 1.4 engines and obviously appears to me to be an inherent fault on these engines.
For others out there, might be worth investigating sourcing a pressure sensor with a very slightly lower setting which I think are available for Peugeots other engines.
Mine used to do it after short journeys and when the A/C was switched on
Is there a way to switch off this beep ?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts