Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 55 plate 307 feline 2.0, Recently when driving off the car seems to be losing power for a couple seconds and if I put the foot down it gains power back and speeds up. Which I find dangerous sometimes. It doesn't happen all the time it's just random. It's fine when I change gear to higher gears the problem only happens on 1st and 2nd as far as I am aware.

I have recently put redex in the tank to see if that will fix it thinking it could be dirt in the pipes or injector but I don't really know much about cars.

If anyone knows what could be causing this would be a great help and how much would I expect for it to be fixed in garage so I know what to expect.

Thanks.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update on Problem :

Since my last post I have visited one of the Diagnostic members which when plugged in showed a couple of permanent errors on the rear abs wheels which I plan to replace soon.

Also I have noticed a pattern in the problem I was having. The power being lost when driving is not just in 1st and 2nd but on 3rd and 4th.
The problem only happens as long as the beeping occurs with ABS/ESR faulty message is shown on display unit for the first few minutes after starting the car. Once the message of faulty ABS/ESR disappears from display after a few mins of driving the problem of losing power is gone too until I turn the car off and start back up and the message along with beeps occurs and the car loses power when accelerating while the beeping is happening.
Also if I brake during this period there is a grinding noise on the brakes but again only happens when the beeping is happening as soon as the beeping has gone and the ABS/ESR faulty message is gone from display this problem disappears too until I turn the car off and on again.

Any idea what is the cause is it all ABS related? Anyone experienced this problem?

The diagnostic showed no faults on any other thing?

Also I need the ABS replaced so any recommendations on where I can go as I am not confident doing it myself around Cardiff Area?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Update on my abs problem. I have recently had the rear abs sensors replaced but the problem still exists the garage said they don't know what is causing it either so he tried taking the light green large fuse which he said was behind the ecu and it has fixed the problem but the only thing is the handbrake light is now showing all the time now and showing as braking system faulty error message on dash
which I can live with but any idea what could be causing the problem?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Sorry I meant he took it out below is the picture of it I have put a normal one next to it to compare it to.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea brake lights are fine and no he didn't replace it just took the fuse out to stop abs I have no abs now and have a red handbrake light on dash.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Does the ABS warning light in the dash light up when you first switch the ignition on ?
If it doesn't then it's an MOT failure. That's going to be the maxi fuse for the ABS so the ABS ecu is likely to be without power along with the ABS pump. The fault has not been repaired, merely circumvented and in my opinion is a cowboy trick. I would steer well clear of him again.

There is a very good chance that he's fitted a sensor incorrectly, not properly cleaned and aligned a sensor or it's a damaged reluctor ring causing the issue. Removing the fuse may well be the reason for the handbrake light being on though I wouldn't be surprised if he's done something else to cause the issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With the fuse in there is no warning lights at all on dash only get the abs/esr faulty message on the screen where radio stations etc are shown. And not seen any abs on dash i goes I gota take it somewhere else to have it fixed. But what is causing the car to lose power? Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts