Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 1.6 hdi wagon has been losing coolant for a while, maybe only a litre or less every 1000km, and also my windows tend to fog up if I don't have my A/C on. It's slowly dawning on me that they could be related. Is my heater possibly leaking?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Sounds very familiar to me, You could try putting in some rad weld type additive as heater rad might be a sod to change (don't know myself as never actually done one on a 307) not that I am a fan of radiator additives - only useful as a temp fix,
Try a search on here for heater matrix change

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I'd rather avoid additives. sSems like it's not too big of a job, but perhaps an issue to figure out which heater I have? Does anyone know is it related to the type of blower fan resistor I have? I know I have the big semi-circular one of those as I've had to repair the connections a couple of times.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Heater matrix definitely. I hope it's easier on a 307 than the 306...that was a dashboard out job then taking apart the ventilation system..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Strangely my windows stopped fogging up and my coolant loss is greatly reduced! Not sure what's going on.

I've got service box and looked up the part, but did that before for the blower resistor and ended up ordering the wrong one, two are actually listed in service box! Thought it might be the same with the matrix.

Anyway, I'll keep an eye on things for the moment

1 - 7 of 7 Posts