Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I've searched high and low on the forum for a technical answer for the following query I have, but must have missed it if it has already been stated.

On the Allure model, 18" Detroit alloys come as standard.
For the Advanced Grip Control, Peugeot state this:

Advanced Grip Control® also incorporates a bespoke wheel and tyre option
to work in conjunction with the systems technology.
Models feature 18" 'Los Angeles' two tone diamond cut alloy wheels coupled
with specific Mud and Snow (M+S) tyres to help optimise traction on varied
surfaces.

OK, I understand the M&S tyres are a medium compound tyre and have advantageous grip in mud and light snow over summer tyres.

My query is, what (and why) makes the Los Angeles wheels 'bespoke' over the 18" Detroit for the Grip control system?

Thanks all.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Nothing. In this instance bespoke just means 'one off' or unique to the application of grip control, ie these wheels only are used when grip control is present.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.

Ummm, in that case, I wonder why Peugeot would put four more expensive alloys on the vehicle when there is absolutely no need to, as what you are saying, the rim of the wheels being 7.5Jx18 ET54 are identical between the Detroit and the Los Angeles.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Thanks.

Ummm, in that case, I wonder why Peugeot would put four more expensive alloys on the vehicle when there is absolutely no need to, as what you are saying, the rim of the wheels being 7.5Jx18 ET54 are identical between the Detroit and the Los Angeles.
Are they more expensive? I thought you could only get them with grip control.

·
Administrator
2,911 Posts
The Los Angeles are narrower then the Detroits to accommodate the snow/mud tyre making them bespoke to the grip control system.

In essence, all of the other alloys on offer are too wide for the M+S tyre so if you order grip control you have to have Los Angeles alloys.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Could have sworn someone here said a while back the M+S tyres only fitted Los Angeles because of narrowness.
Well they are definitely 225x55, I checked. It is my understanding that peugeot just chose that wheel to go with the grip control for cosmetic reasons alone.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have found this info which applies to all versions of the 3008.

Also found the Rim info for the Detroit 18" alloy. Set of four sold in the Czech Republic for 815,50 €

TECHNICAL CHARACTERISTICS:

Dimensions: 7.5 J 18 CH5-49.
Tyre fit: 225/55 R18 98V

Now looking for the Los Angeles specs.

Tires for Peugeot 3008 2017

Diameters: 17.0'' - 20.0''
Width (mm): 205 - 235
Tire aspect ratio (%): 45 - 70
Smallest tire size: 205/70R17
Largest tire size: 235/45R20

Rims for Peugeot 3008 2017

Bolt pattern 5x108
Diameter: 17.0'' - 20.0'';
Width (inches): 6.5 - 8;
Offset (mm): 47 - 54.
Bolt pattern 4x108
Diameter: 17.0'' - 19.0'';
Width (inches): 7 - 7.5;
Offset (mm): 50 - 54.

Center Bore: 65.1 mm
Lug Size: M12 x 1.25
Wheel Fasteners: Lug bolts
Trim Production: [2016 .. 2017]

·
Registered
50 Posts
I want to install the winter tires on 17" rims as I ordered the Grip control too(My car has not arrived yet).
I read somewhere that the 17" rims makes the GC useless and that the car computer will show errors. Does anyone of you has installed 17" rims having the GC ? Does the GC works fine with 17" rims? Thank you.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.