Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just brought a 308 on a 09 plate and I'm loosing water from the expansion tank, I've had the car 5 days and I've had to top it up everyday, I don't think the head gasket has gone as I've just experienced one of these in a 308 that I had a few weeks ago (car went back to seller as the car was rubbish) what other causes could this be??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will these be easy to diagnose? It's going back to where I brought it from on Saturday and they said they will have a look at it, but being female I've no clue and don't want them to fob me off and say there's nothing wrong which there clearly is as I know u shouldn't have to top it up everyday

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Another possibility i forgot to list is a leaky water pump these sometimes only leak when running and stop leaking when engine stops so can be hard to spot.

There are tools that can pressurise the cooling system which would show up any weakpoints in the system but leaks can be hard to find sometimes.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just be firm but polite and tell the there is no way that the coolant should need to be topped up every day,and it is obvious even to a novice there is a problem.
Best of luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just an update and the leak is from the thermostat housing and they have agreed to fix it for free, so I'm happy with that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts