Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left side:

Right side:

The ESP/ABS suddenly gets disabled after driving a little bit, but it works fine when I restart the engine.

And that is the only code I get, I took the wheels of to check the ABS sensors and found the two loose wires/cables. And gonna check the glow plugs, but also might try charge the battery since it might be low, could that be the cause?

Appreciate any tips or experience!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The car is a Peugeot 407, 2006 TDI 1.6, I heard that the code was quite normal for the engine, and got a tip that I should perhaps charge the battery. I assume the missing wire/cable on the right is for break wear? But the left one I am unsure of.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The code p1351 is one or more faulty glowplugs or relay...But you need to measure the ohm on the glowplugs to be certain......
And you need to get a better code reader suitable for Peugeot all systems to get all fault codes.....You should have codes on the abs system..Jocke

·
Registered
Peugeot 407 Coupe
11 Posts
That open wire connects to brake pad wear wires, it's not ABS afaik, so shouldn't be related to your ABS error code.

·
8,678 Posts
If the ESP/ABS fault as only just occurred I do not think its related to the loose wire. It looks like it maybe the harness for brake pad wear sensors. If the ABS fault has been there a while it could be the abs sensor wiring

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Figured it was just break wear wires, but the ESP/ABS goes away when I restart the engine and does not appear when I use the break. Just have popped up a couple of times after driving half a short bit, I haven't charged the battery during the winter and have mostly driven short distances in the city so gonna try charge it as someone said that could be why it's messing up.

·
8,678 Posts
That will mean sensors should be OK as it passes power up self test. Normally faults triggered when driving are sensor gaps or sensor ring damage or other ESP related sensor fault such as steering angle or yaw sensor.

As above you need a code reader that can read ABS system faults to help identify the root cause

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have Diagbox in Copenhagen if that is close to you. Or I have a second Lexia cable & software for sale (it took so long to arrive from China that I got another one in the mean time -now I have two )

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Figured it was just break wear wires, but the ESP/ABS goes away when I restart the engine and does not appear when I use the break. Just have popped up a couple of times after driving half a short bit, I haven't charged the battery during the winter and have mostly driven short distances in the city so gonna try charge it as someone said that could be why it's messing up.
If it is OK when you start the car until you brake then I'd suggest checking the brake switch right above the brake pedal. It should bring up a code for the fault though in my experience. If the switch is faulty it's an 8 Euro 10 minute job to fix it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts