Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driver side mirror is loose where it pivots to fold in and out, I have had the cover off and doesn't look like it comes apart easily.

I intend to take it off at the weekend and dismantle it either by drilling out the rivets or even cutting it apart to see what has worn and if it can be repaired.

Nothing to lose as only option is a replacement mirror.

Has anyone had one apart and if so what is inside?

Will post some pictures of what I find.

C

·
0 Posts
I think its a replacement job as there is no real way of repairing it :( But I keep meaning to do the same so keep us posted and pics would be awesome if you find a fix :thumb:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had this problem...everything comes apart, once cover is off main disc like thing is only clipped on and the bit in this holding the motor screws apart. There are two little ball and socket pieces of white plastic with little teeth coming off them - whole thing about 20mm long. These control the up and down and left to right movement of the motor.

You will mostly likely find that one of them has snapped. I bought a messed up mirror from a scrap yard for €5 and was able to exchange one of the little plastic pieces. Little fiddly but not a hard job. Hey presto all fixed. :thumb:

Sorry don't have any pics etc

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just re-read your problem and realised you are not talking about a loose mirror (as in the glass) but the actual complete mirror unit...so I have answered a question that wasn't asked...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Yeah my drivers mirror is the same - solid when folded in but has a definite wobble when it's open. Another thing on the to-do list as a replacement, even a copy, runs to £100, so I'll be very interested to find out if it's repairable....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts