Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i feel the need to get my own Peugeot planet..

the problem i have is there is so many on places like eBay and stuff i don't know if they are snide or if they will even work!.

so i found this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PP2000-Lexia-3-Diagnostic-Interface-Scanner-Tool-Diagbox-For-Peugeot-Citroen/202485463693?_trkparms=aid=555018&algo=PL.SIM&ao=1&asc=20140122125356&meid=1c9d6df89e394c488ab78d6072365030&pid=100005&rk=5&rkt=12&mehot=ag&sd=223324011795&itm=202485463693&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

i would also like to know what are the minium requirements to run it on a laptop?i don't mind sitting in a car for 15mins so i don't need it super fast.
any help in pointing me in the right direction i would be much appreciated.

·
5,980 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That one does not say it's full chip /C which is needed for later version of diagbox. I can't garentee the one below but it meets the requirements based on description
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Diagnostic-Interface-Diagbox-Scanner-V7-83-PP2000-Lexia-3-for-Citroen-Peugeot-JU/264127915259

As for a laptop anything with a dual core or above and windows xp/7 should be fine. I even had it running on an atom netbook but it was dog slow

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
niceone for getting back to me😁.
Can I ask what the circuit boards are for in the link you provided?.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Should work on W10 but use the 32 bit not 64 bit. I had issues with 64bit W10 installation, replaced it with 32bit W10 and runs fine now. You can also install it inside VMWare using 32bit version if you want to retain 64bit version as main operating system in laptop. Same applies if you want to use W7, use 32bit version.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Should work on W10 but use the 32 bit not 64 bit. I had issues with 64bit W10 installation, replaced it with 32bit W10 and runs fine now. You can also install it inside VMWare using 32bit version if you want to retain 64bit version as main operating system in laptop. Same applies if you want to use W7, use 32bit version.
hey m8 can I ask how you switched to 32 bit from 64 on w10?
I have tried booting from USB and DVD drive but just ignores and loads up windows everytime.😭

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did a full HDD format and reloaded from scratch with an .iso downloaded off the Microsoft site.
not sure if I would be able to do that because I have no idea where my w10 product key is to be able to reinstall w10 32 bit after a format.

·
5,980 Posts
If win 10 was a free upgrade or OEM install it has a digital licence locked to BIOS/motherboard ID so it should automatically reactivate when its installed

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How do you format a hard drive?
I have tried dban to format but I can not get this laptop to boot from USB or disc...no matter what I try it just loads straight to desktop.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
You need to boot into the BIOS when switching on and change the boot sequence to start with the DVD or USB. Method to boot into BIOS will depend on what laptop you have, google it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You need to boot into the BIOS when switching on and change the boot sequence to start with the DVD or USB. Method to boot into BIOS will depend on what laptop you have, google it.
done it m8 I changed the boot priority but it just ignores and loads windows up

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Does you DVD work? Test it. DVD laptop players have a habit of going bad. If it does not read the windows disc it will go to the next option in the boot sequence, so see if it actually will read the disc fully. Use explorer to read it.

Are you saving your settings when exiting the BIOS?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Does you DVD work? Test it. DVD laptop players have a habit of going bad. If it does not read the windows disc it will go to the next option in the boot sequence, so see if it actually will read the disc fully. Use explorer to read it.

Are you saving your settings when exiting the BIOS?
it does mate.

i have done every thing correct as you would expect to do when trying to boot from USB or DVD,changed priority order save and exit,different USB sticks and different DVD drives multiple times now.

its annoying because i am not bad when it comes to computers having built 5 gaming pcs from scratch over the years so you can just imagine the problems i have faced along the way....

any way thanks for the help and advice lads...i going to log into some old help forums from back in the day see if the can help.

·
5,980 Posts
Are you using Microsoft original iso file as you laptop may have UEFI enabled which could be stopping booting from a non UEFI device

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 40 Posts