Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there...

Im a 17 year old... looking to buy a good car for around 10k.
just wondering what you guys suggest, not wanting to spend the whole amount on the car, would like to buy some mods, and im looking for a car that doesnt burn holes in the wallet in terms of insurance...any suggestions would be great! im looking for something nippy...and want something that looks good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is why pugs are great! I bought my old 205 for 270 quid. Runs well, Insurance is cheap and there are many mod kits available. Excellent first car. Have a look around cause you dont have to spend much to get a lot of car! Check autotrader. Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
lol Sorry, i didn't read your post properly. If you want something thats gonna pull chicks, you will have to spend a lot of that 10K. have a look around on autotrader still, with low milage.

·
Registered
862 Posts
ChrWh said:
Hi there...

Im a 17 year old... looking to buy a good car for around 10k.
just wondering what you guys suggest, not wanting to spend the whole amount on the car, would like to buy some mods, and im looking for a car that doesnt burn holes in the wallet in terms of insurance...any suggestions would be great! im looking for something nippy...and want something that looks good.

Dont buy a 307,to much bother.A 206 diesel would be worth looking at.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Get a second hand 207 1.6 hdi gt 110, you can get these quite regulary on autotrader for between 9-10k, buy a knacker for £100 and trade it in for a grand. Insurance group 7, good fuel econemy (60mpg) & looks the nuts without the mods. The extra you pay on insurance is saved on fuel, even better if you get your parents to add you to their insurance if pos.

And lets not forget you'll still have a Peugeot warranty up until the end of 2009 if it's an early 2007 model. Sometimes it's better to start at the top and work your way down rather than start at the bottom and make your way up.

It's either that or buy a new shape golf and mod it up to look like a R32 which is very possible for 10k.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts