Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i'm new to the forum and i'm really looking into buying a 307 diesel estate can anyone tell me which engines come without a dpf i dont want the hassle of them.

i'm wanting a smaller engine 1.4 but not too bothered if its a 1.6 or 2.0

thanks

J

·
0 Posts
I don't believe the 1.4 have DPF, or the 90bhp 1.6 or 2.0

If you look at one, you can always post the VIN of it and we can double check :thumb:

·
11,961 Posts
Did they actually do the estate with such a small engine?

Go for the 2.0 90bhp, and try for an LX, GLX or SE model and you should get plenty of toys with it.

D

·
0 Posts
The 307 estate as apposed to the sw comes in 1.4hdi. Go for a 90bhp, 2.0ltr.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
11,961 Posts
The 90bhp doesn't have the expensive dual mass flywheel or Diesel Particulate Filter.

These items shouldn't go wrong if the car is driven and maintained properly, but are expensive things to repair when they do go.

My biggest bugbear about the 307 is that they removed the clutch footrest, so more people ride the clutch.

You'll know the ones who don't because the drivers carpet has wear and a rip where you'd rest your clutch foot!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Have you set your heart on getting a 307?

All I'm going to say is have a look at the number of posts for the different models on this forum.:thumb:

·
Registered
10 Posts
A facelifted 1.6 HDi 90 should be dead on, I've had 2 and never any bother and both have high mileage!

Pre-facelifted models are better off with the 2.0 HDi 90 engine, my mate has a 406 with this engine with 490k miles and it shows no signs of giving up!

We used to have a 307 2.0 HDi 90 Rapier, lovely car, best spec over all with the 16 inch Ariane alloys in dark grey :thumb:

·
Registered
10 Posts
well its a 307 estate or megane estate
You really don't want a Megane!! You'll be plagued with electrical probs and mechanical probs especially on the 1.5 dCi engine, they eat injectors! A relative of mine had to scrap a 4 year Megane dCi with 50k miles because engine seal disintegrated and injectors went.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts