Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm new on here and looking to buy a 307 1.4 hdi, is there anything I should be looking out for when purchasing this car (common issues). Are they really as economical as they say they are?? Anyone on here own one and give me a review good points and bad would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
862 Posts
No.1 said:
Hi guys, I'm new on here and looking to buy a 307 1.4 hdi, is there anything I should be looking out for when purchasing this car (common issues). Are they really as economical as they say they are?? Anyone on here own one and give me a review good points and bad would be great.

Thanks
Hi and welcome to the forum :thumb:

If i were you i would spend some time looking at the 307 threads/comments on this forum before buying a 307,to put it politely its not peugeot's best car by any means.

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
in my opinion the 1.4hdi is the best of a bad lot, cheap tax,great mpg ,no additives to the fuel tank , no dmf to go wrong ,
has the issues with badly cut carpets , rusty indicator holders , minor stuff.:nono:

but the 307 looks good, and that matters,

imagine out on a saturday night , no-matter who says

"but they have a nice personality" :eek:

its the looks what counts:nod:

(call me shallow , and tell me ugly people need loving too,
but they should love each other ):scared:

B

·
0 Posts
Having just bought a 307 1.4hdi, these replies are welcome!

I did notice that the carpet at the NSF door at the trim strip was a very shabby fit/finish... its on the list to fix.

The overall fit of the sill finishing trim all around the car looks quite bad on my car - made me wonder if it had been removed at somepoint... which is a bit worrying why someone would remove...unless they had installed a boot changer or other accessory.... we will see... there may be something else lurking!

The OSR door on my car is needs a very big pull to open the door. I did read something about a linkage needing lubricated - does that refer to the lock or the door handle/release?

One thing I have heard once was three beeps while driving... and no errors or lights illuminated ... I have no idea what that was... any explanation very much appreciated.

The engine feels very flat, especially at low revs. Not having driven another of these cars I dont know if that is normal - certainly it aint got the torque that other small diesels that I have driven have. I did read about sticking waste gate actuators - guess I need to see how to check that.

The car has also had a replacement cd radio. I want to get a OEM one back in there - prefer the look, pklus regain the display and steering column controls. I have seen several models on Ebay - no idea of the differences or indeed which models work, and now realise they need VIN coded... PITA.

Other than that, no worries so far...

Sorry for hijacking the thread...

David

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
self tappers for the sills to hold the carpet,
breakers yard for radio £50 ,
peugeot will code it to your car
and get the car remapped
68bhp standard with crap torque will go to over 90bhp and 170 torque difference is brill.:birthday: sorry just threw that in because its my birthday today.:lol:

B

·
0 Posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Thanks for the reply....

Which model of CD radio should I try and get?

David

·
Registered
9,725 Posts
do you know this i just went to the scrapyard and asked the fella for one to fit a 02 1.4hdi , i take it that it was a basic cd/radio , i just wanted the display to do what it was designed to do, and now it does.:nod:

B

·
0 Posts
bettyswollocks said:
not take up much of your time if your gonna do it in your sunday car.:magician:
Yeh...5 seconds... but its the 70-120 kinda speeds that impress most.

Just dont watch the trip computer mpg...

David

1 - 11 of 11 Posts