Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.

Just so you know i'm not a massive car person and i'm not fussed in how people portray me other than i don't want a "teenagers car" anymore.

I have £1.5k to spend on a car, my currrent Pug 206 is dying and i need a new one asap. 307 CC's tend to be going pretty cheap at the moment since its winter and i'm really liking the sound of this one.

(I can't post a link yet.... but here's the specs)

2005 Convertible 85,000 miles Manual 2.0L Petrol
Clean car, just been serviced, 12 months warranty available, 12 months warranty, Next MOT due 14/09/2017, Last serviced on 22/09/2016 at 85,000 miles, Full service history, Clean bodywork, Cloth interior - Clean Condition, Tyre condition Good, Air-Conditioning (Digital), In Car Entertainment (Radio/CD), Alloy Wheels (16in), Electric Windows (Front/Rear), Alarm. Metallic SILVER, £1,495 p/x considered

It's going for pretty cheap because of the season, it comes with 12 months warranty and breakdown cover so i can't see a reason as to why there would be any issues?

So i was wondering if anybody has any big objections to me getting this car? Please try and keep personal preferences out of your opinion, i know it's no Audi or BMW or Golf etc.... But if anybody has any reasons as to why i should not buy this car please don't hesitate to say!

·
Registered
14,625 Posts
My cousin has had 1 since new and wont part with it until recently it has been very reliable.
Engine is not the smoothest and they are not that good on fuel 25-30 at best usual 307 issues drop links suspension clunks broken springs but they are not any worse than any other french car :)

Not quite sure why you think a french car forum would tell you to buy german :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My cousin has had 1 since new and wont part with it until recently it has been very reliable.
Engine is not the smoothest and they are not that good on fuel 25-30 at best usual 307 issues drop links suspension clunks broken springs but they are not any worse than any other french car :)

Not quite sure why you think a french car forum would tell you to buy german :)
Because i'm clueless when it comes to cars haha.

I've been looking at 307cc's for a while now and i'm really starting to like them.
I'm not going to do much with it other than drive to friends, family and work who all live half hour to an hour away from where i live, and the max speed i'll go is about 80-90mph. I'm not a "rude boy" car driver as people say haha. Just a casual driver. I also live in the UK if that means anything?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I have one and I despise it, so I'm biassed.

Is it the 180hp petrol?
It's thirsty and slow! Feels like half that.
5th is very low geared, it's really not a motorway car.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I also have the 180 bhp and round town get 25 mpg also the roof on mine is leaking quite badly and contacted peugeot re new seals x 4 and they quoted me £600. You can get second hand from ebay but i dont know if they would be any better than the ones i already have as the cars they come off of are of a similar age.

·
Registered
14,625 Posts
I never really understood why they fitted the 180hp engine in the CC as its a cruiser not a sports car :)

Its too heavy to be able to use the power and the 180 engine needs revved to get the best out it it works in the 206 but not the 307.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
From the description it sounds like there is no warranty unless you ask for and pay for it. The ad simply states the warranty Is Available.

The best time to look at a CC is in the rain so you can see if the roof leaks on a test drive. You would also need them to demonstrate the roof opening and closing so there are no nasty surprises later on. As for the performance, considering you're not looking for a boy racer car it should be adequate. It's surprising how many traffic light grand prix my 10 year old 90bhp 1.6 hdi came out on top against more powerfull petrol engined BMW's, Audi's and Saab's without me having to rev the nuts off the little diesel. I just paid more attention to the lights than they did and I smiled at them as they passed me as soon as they got the opportunity while I was keeping to the speed limit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts