Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over a period of two years, mindless arseholes in various car parks and streets have beaten the hell out of our car. Of course, no one saw a thing...

I'm assuming this forum has a policy against foul language, so lets just settle with, "I'm very annoyed..."

B

·
0 Posts
Yes, no words sum it up really... you go to all the bother to look after it and some folks just dont care.

Time to learn PDR I thinK!

David

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
do you know that theres actually no law against parking between two parking bays in a supermarket carpark or garage or similar , you just have to put up with dirty looks and the usual notes on your windscreen , but your car doesn`t get dented or scraped , i`m sure you`ve seen this before and thought what a twat . (try it and see):lol: :lol:

B

·
0 Posts
Around here, most supermarket car parks are patrolled by EuroParks or similar, and they issue tickets for inconsiderate parking.....

Best trick is to buy a child seat and leave it in the car... with some token toys on the back seat and steal mother and child spaces.. he he!!!

David

(only joking... my 4 year old loves my car...)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, don't need to do that. We have two child seats already, and a sixth seat folded down in the back. Here it seems numpties are attracted to others cars - I have even parked well away from the shop's entrance, where there are about a dozen or so clear slots. Then come out to find a beat-up, ramshackle Ford Sierra parked right next to it! It's like "What the kfcu!" there's plenty of empty spaces, why park next to me???"

·
Registered
29 Posts
we bought a partner combi, ok its not pretty or sporty but the sliding doors mean its easier and less damage is caused in carparks !

B

·
0 Posts
...I like the idea of sliding doors, as long as a wheelchair does not emerge and cause damage!

D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Lemmings

alloydog said:
Nope, don't need to do that. We have two child seats already, and a sixth seat folded down in the back. Here it seems numpties are attracted to others cars - I have even parked well away from the shop's entrance, where there are about a dozen or so clear slots. Then come out to find a beat-up, ramshackle Ford Sierra parked right next to it! It's like "What the kfcu!" there's plenty of empty spaces, why park next to me???"
Us too! There can be 30 empty bays, you park in the middle one or right at one end, and either transit man or dole walla and his 5 kids (who all just throw the doors open no matter that they hit the car next to them - and why not? After all, everything in thier world comes free doesnt it!) parks right next to you!
We occasioanly go camping and the same principle applies - you find a spot with loads of room each side, nice and quiet - that entire side of the field/site empty. Next thing you know, another tent or a mobile portaloo (caravan) comers and parks 2 feet away with it's main window facing into the front of your tents entrance!
I've always wanted to ask them why, but I bet they couldn't tell you themselves.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
bricklayer said:
we bought a partner combi, ok its not pretty or sporty but the sliding doors mean its easier and less damage is caused in carparks !
Nice thinking, but it's the @rseholes with the regular doors that cause the damage. Like I once heard - "So, you have good brakes. Pity, the twat behind you doesn't!" :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I know what you mean i try to park as far away as possible in car parks and you always get some idiot that will park next to you in a heap of crap.I think they do it on purpose. We have a 59plate 407 sw in 2 weeks it has a dink in passenger door and a deep scratch on rear bumper.
Sometimes wonder whether its all worth it

·
Registered
387 Posts
I had a number of parking dents on my 307 (seems the wings are made of paper) and had 6 removed by a company called dent technique in Leicester for £75.

·
Registered
33 Posts
ITS THE SUPERMARKETS FAULT FOR TRYING TO CRAM AS MANY SPACES INTO THE CARPARK..... SOME I HAVE BEEN IN AND PARKED DEAD IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WHITE LINES. ONLY A COUPLE OF INCHS EITHER SIDE OF EACH TYRE :angrydriv . I THINK IF THEY HAVE OUT DOOR PARKING OVER A LOT OF SPACE THEY SHOULD MULTI-STORY IT UP AND GIVE MORE ROOM....... BLOODY TIGHT WADS JUST THINKING ABOUT PROFITS:broke:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Careless people everywhere do this special art in peoples cars... You just see some great artists around...one better than other. Hitting other people's car and running away has become normal and the scratches: you just hear people saying "no one will notice" :p

·
Registered
93 Posts
Easymikey said:
ITS THE SUPERMARKETS FAULT FOR TRYING TO CRAM AS MANY SPACES INTO THE CARPARK..... SOME I HAVE BEEN IN AND PARKED DEAD IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WHITE LINES. ONLY A COUPLE OF INCHS EITHER SIDE OF EACH TYRE :angrydriv . I THINK IF THEY HAVE OUT DOOR PARKING OVER A LOT OF SPACE THEY SHOULD MULTI-STORY IT UP AND GIVE MORE ROOM....... BLOODY TIGHT WADS JUST THINKING ABOUT PROFITS:broke:
:mad: parked in my local car park today in between lines and only had about six inches either side of car.me being a fat thing should of been born a stick insect to have been able to get in and out of car! :censored:

·
Registered
37 Posts
yeh sick as a parrot had me 307cc 3 weeks its a 2005 it had one ding from new i parked in peterborough queensgate car park drivers side against
concrete stantion passenger side a foot inside my bay comes back empty
bay next to me and another ding (byluxfcukanddamit).:eek:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Our cars tend to be pre-dented cars,
so it can be difficult to spot additional dents during our ownership.

Although I hired a nice new car for a few days once,
parked it on a quiet road and returned to it to find some sod had hit it leaving lots of long, deep marks on the wheelarch!:mad:

I used to work in an area were there was a higher than average incidence of minor supermarket type dents,
I remember one car in particular that had different shades of paint on every corner,
none of which matched the actual colour of the vehicle itself.

I was sitting in a car park once and saw an elderly gent trying
to drive out of a parking space, he looked like he nudged a car,
the owner was in the car at the time and turned round, looked but didn't do anything, the old guy repeated it,
this time the guy got out and I heard him shout 'if you do that again you're in trouble' (or words to that effect!)
Guess what, he hit him a third time, smiled and just drove off !!!:eek:

·
Registered
43 Posts
alloydog , do you live near me in essex or have the mindless thugs got relatives here as iv gained 6dents on the same 2doors in 4weeks , bleeding slarty bartfasts!!!!!!.

Joker

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
alloydog , do you live near me in essex or have the mindless thugs got relatives here as iv gained 6dents on the same 2doors in 4weeks , bleeding slarty bartfasts!!!!!!.

Joker
Nope, to the first question - I haven't been back to Essex, or the UK for that matter, for nigh on ten years.
To the second assumption - stupidity, carelessness, arrogance and ignorance know no borders, nation, international and probably cosmic - I expect the first men to land on Mars will return from a long walk to find scratches in the side of their lander...

1 - 20 of 65 Posts