Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
Had a flat tyre on Tuesday morning changed wheel for spare all okay , Had tyre repaired and went to fit it this afternoon and ive only gone and lost the locking wheel nut ,rung peugeot in chesterfield and they told me the only way i can order a new one is if i have the number from the end of the locking key ,tried explaing that i HAD LOST the key but i think he may have been a bit simple and couldnt quite grasp it , apparently they cant order it from my vin number as it still wants the locker number am i truely shafted or is there any way round it ,
Paul :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply shep a minor miracle has occured and the key was found near to where i changed the wheel thanks again

·
Registered
127 Posts
I would take rustyroger's advice and fit 4 new standard bolts as it is only a matter of time before the locking bolts and removal nut wear and find they slip and won't undo.
I had this problem with my 307,welded a bolt,tried the dynomec removal tool to no avail,finished up paying £80 to have 2 of them drilled out.
Let's be fair,who in there right mind is going to steal a pug alloy.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Surprised the dynomec didn't work, got all 4 of mine out in 15 minutes when all else failed. Granted it required some serious lump hammer whacking!

·
Registered
687 Posts
I would take rustyroger's advice and fit 4 new standard bolts as it is only a matter of time before the locking bolts and removal nut wear and find they slip and won't undo.
I had this problem with my 307,welded a bolt,tried the dynomec removal tool to no avail,finished up paying £80 to have 2 of them drilled out.
Let's be fair,who in there right mind is going to steal a pug alloy.
Agree. If anyone is going to steal alloys, there are smarter ones around. Even companies like Mercedes don't fit locking wheel nuts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts