Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After some advice please. My locking wheel nut key has broken and i've been quoted £60 and up to 2 weeks delivery by Peugeot for a replacement.

I'm reluctant to do this due to A. Cost and B. It may just break again if as i suspect the nut is on too tight.

Can anyone tell me how much it would be roughly to get all four removed by a garage and replaced with normal bolts?

Also any tips on how to do it myself? heard lots of different methods such as laser tools, drilling out, welding another bolt on top and removing.

P.S the part number on the key is E 8CL8.

Thanks

·
3,298 Posts
Hi...most tyre centres will have a locking wheel bolt removal tool....or look at sealey tools for one...then bin them and replace with normal bolts ...all available from the usual places amazon/halfrauds/egay...etc cost wise about about £6 for the bolts and whatever the tyre centre /garage charges..good luck

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I took it to a mechanic friend of the family this morning and he filled in the 3 pieces that had broken with drill bits and sawed the ends to make them flush. To my relief this worked! Not bad for a tenner.

Think normal bolts are the way to go now though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts